Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geeze been awhile since I posted here. Anyway, I have a chance to pickup a JD 425 with a broken cam gear. They are asking $300 cdn (so like about 6 bux US :lol:) it has new tires andbattery cables. No mower deck but it does have a 3pt hitch and rear PTO. From the looks of it it has sat outside all it's life as it it very faded has no grill and 1 broken headlight.

WHat do you all think? Maybe a decent deal. I want to fix it up so I can use the tiller off my 2320 on it and then then I can sell my 2320 as I need a bigger tractor to move 1500lb hay bales.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Went and picked it up yesterday. It was worth the 300 just for the new front tires and suitcase weights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That's a great price. If nothing else you can part it out for more than you paid for it. I had a 425 for three years, it was great mower but looked like a train wreck because the plastic tin they used for that generation was so fragile. I sold it for the same price I paid for it, probably could have gotten more but JD garden tractors are kind of hard sell in North Texas where I was living at the time.

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts