Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Pulled the trigger on a new 1025R yesterday. Delivery is a week or two out.

For the last few months, I had been seriously looking at, and vacillating between, the Kubota 2680 and the JD 1025R. Mostly trying to work out advantages/disadvantages between the two, and leaning more and more toward the green side of the fence as time went by.

According to Kermit, "It's not easy being green". I hope he is flat-out wrong!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio and congratulations :wgtt:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Welcome.

What part of PNW?

Theres hundreds of these tractors stacked up @ Aurora ,OR....why the wait?

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Congratulations.

Can’t argue with that choice.:good2:

:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York! You made the right choice and won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congratulations and great move.

The most important thing in tractor comparison and shopping is the forum.:mocking:

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts
KTManiac,

You ride KTM's I gather? Also a nice choice, You have great taste in machines. Probably drives a Ram too. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

(That'll get the Ferd and Cheby guys all hot and bothered.)

Anyway, jump right in and post away. You're amongst friends here, regardless of who drives what. :drinks:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Welcome.

I believe you made the right choice.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride:from the Mitten. We need pics of said new tractor. Share what made your decision.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
KTManiac,

You ride KTM's I gather? Also a nice choice, You have great taste in machines. Probably drives a Ram too. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

(That'll get the Ferd and Cheby guys all hot and bothered.)

Anyway, jump right in and post away. You're amongst friends here, regardless of who drives what. :drinks:
OK, I admit to being an old fart lost in the muscle car sixties, but what is a KTM? I could goodle it but this will give ds an opportunity to pick on me.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
13,967 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts
OK, I admit to being an old fart lost in the muscle car sixties, but what is a KTM? I could goodle it but this will give ds an opportunity to pick on me.:laugh:
KTM makes top shelf dirt bikes and has gotten into some adventure machines and hooligan/ hyper motards. Essentially all of them have deep roots to dirt bikes. Great machines. I used to own and ride a few myself.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Never mind on the KTM. I looked and found that some models have 0% financing for 36 months.

Thanks anyway, ds.

·
Registered
536 Posts

For the last few months, I had been seriously looking at, and vacillating between, the Kubota 2680 and the JD 1025R. Mostly trying to work out advantages/disadvantages between the two, and leaning more and more toward the green side of the fence as time went by.

Congratulations

I went through the same process last year. I was also looking at the Massey and a couple slightly less expensive models.

In the end, the factors that made my decision green were:

1: The JD dealership showed that they were primarily tractor focused and that they knew what they were talking about . . . not a bunch of greasy used-car salesmen

2: I asked to see four different tractor parts that I thought they should carry . . . and they had all four (starter, light switch, category pins and clips, and a fuel pump)

3: After the salesman saw that I was really a prospect and not a tire kicker, he went and got one of the service techs to explain some of the key features and the warranty

4: The JD sounded like a tractor and not a toy . . . if I am going to run it I wanted to like the sound

5: 0% financing

:greentractorride::greentractorride::greentractorride:

·
Registered
483 Posts
KTM - Welcome from south central Ohio and I'm glad that your color blindness was cured!!

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, also known as the Nut House.

Sounds like you made an informed decision.

Congrats on the new tractor.

Haven't been on a dirt bike in many years. Probably a good thing cause I don't bounce near as well as I used to and since I never could ride that well, bouncing was necessary.

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Congrats on your new tractor, you are going to really enjoy it. Besides the tractor, what did you get with it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts