Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all was clear I listed this Gator on craigslist. I thought I priced it fairly high, but I was getting call after call on it. A lot of tire kickers and all I could think of was another member telling me why are you putting it on craigslist, just trade it in to the dealer and save the hassle. After 5 calls, a farmer from the other side of the state called and was interested. We talked 3 times over the course of the day and he asked me to hold it for a day so he could come. It worked out for me as I was busy also.

So we talked again later at night making plans and he wanted to put this in the back of his F150. I was measuring and thinking that if he tries this, I need to get the video of it. So I get a call in the morning that he is coming and bringing an enclosed trailer. I told him that most enclosed trailers have a 69 inch door and the gator would not fit as it was 73" tall without the off road lights. He measured and said your right, but we can make it fit by weighting the rear down.

A few hours later he shows up, takes it for a ride. He is not sure he wants it because of the diesel noise. 45 minutes later and about 6 more test rides in the back field, he took it. I give him all the paperwork and we start looking at getting it in his trailer. We removed the off-road lights and its not even close to fitting. The trailer interior only measures 72.5 inches tall. He then says we will remove the tires and slide it in.

We used the forks and some carpet samples I had around to slide it in. (see pictures)

I wish I could have taken more pictures or a movie. These were great people and I felt bad taking pictures, but it was interesting. 45 minutes later, it was loaded. Then, the noticed there was no way to tie the gator down, so they used the tires to wedge it into place.

He called me later that night and said the bolts it was sitting on sunk into the plywood and made it very hard to get out of the trailer, but they did it. Again, these were very down to earth nice people.

Life is about people and experiences..... I never thought I would see this done.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
. . . Life is about people and experiences..... I never thought I would see this done . . .
Me either. Just shows what you can do when you really want to get it done!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
I have to ask. Letting all the air out of the tires and then drive it in would not have worked?

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
That is just plain crazy!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I wish I was there to watch that! :munch:

That's exactly what I hate and love about Craigslist. You'll get the people trying to rip you off and spam you, and then there's the few who couldn't be nicer people. Glad to see it got a good new home.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That farmer really wanted that Gator! Wow!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Neat story, and I notice you seem to keep all of your equipment in great condition. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Nice story Brian, thanks for the photos. Now we know it can be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts