Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a part off eBay, like I've done jillions of times. This text was included in the sellers terms and conditions:

We cannot sell parts and accessories to any person or business that is engaged in selling used equipment, repairing or providing maintenance services on equipment, or a person or business that is primarily engaged in renting equipment to end users. We reserve the right to cancel the sale of any item to anyone who is not the end user of the product.
What the heck is that all about?

Al

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Purchased a part off eBay, like I've done jillions of times. This text was included in the sellers terms and conditions:

What the heck is that all about?
Sounds like someone else has a license as an "exclusive dealer" for sales to commercial buyers and that particular Ebay seller is attempting to avoid getting sued for cutting into someone else's business.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Maybe they are aware their parts are not up to OEM specs, and don't want to be responsible if a part fails? :unknown:

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts
My guess is the seller is only licensed to sell in a given area and/or not to resellers, which repair shops would be.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If it was Deere parts its because Deere has rules against selling to resellers outside of their AOR. If they want to sell to a repair shop down the street they can. But they don't want dealers selling to other dealer's competition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts