1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to constantly clean up after myself. :laugh:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410140984.247083.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410141000.191221.jpg

The spout on my 20 yo diesel fuel can broke. So I used a funnel. The awkward angle I have to stand trying to hold a full 5 gallon jug along with a funnel equals a bath for the tractor. :lol: I've been too cheap to come up with a better solution like you guys have shown in previous threads.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
I hate the 5 gallon jugs as well but haven't taken action on another solution. I get drips and splashes but that gives the dirt something to do, by soaking it up.

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts
That diesel fuel sure make things shine though when you wipe it off :mocking:

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That diesel fuel sure make things shine though when you wipe it off :mocking:
And it always smells so good too! :laugh:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Top of the fuel tank on the 1050 stays pretty clean. If you wipe the diesel off instead of allowing to air dry, it removes the oxidation of the paint, thereby saving hours of rubbing and buffing! :mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
Top of the fuel tank on the 1050 stays pretty clean. If you wipe the diesel off instead of allowing to air dry, it removes the oxidation of the paint, thereby saving hours of rubbing and buffing! :mocking:
Best wax money can buy.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
709 Posts
You think my wife would go for that if I use it to "wax" here Expedition next time? Sure sounds easier than the buffing stuff.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
And it always smells so good too! :laugh:
Spill some on your clothes and go inside and let me know what your wife thinks of the smell :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
Spill some on your clothes and go inside and let me know what your wife thinks of the smell :greentractorride:
That's why you let the wife fill the tractor. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
That's why you let the wife fill the tractor. :thumbup1gif:
Then she smells good all day long. Diesel smells better and costs less than anything store bought.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The fuel cans that I have (Tractor Supply) are spring loaded and you don't spill a drop as you are inverting the can. There is a small lip on the side of the nozzle that rests on the edge of the filler opening with the nozzle in the hole. Just press down on the can and it depresses the nozzle releasing the fuel. The weight of the full can keeps the spring tight, so you just have to balance the can (not hold it up.) When you're getting close to full, just lift the can a little to let the nozzle shut-off and drip, then pull the can away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
crank pump

I got tired of cleaning my hood. Went to an auction and saw a 30 gallon poly barrel with a hand crank pump and hose. The price was right. Now I dump a couple - 5 gal cans of fuel the barrel and crank away.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The fuel cans that I have (Tractor Supply) are spring loaded and you don't spill a drop as you are inverting the can. There is a small lip on the side of the nozzle that rests on the edge of the filler opening with the nozzle in the hole. Just press down on the can and it depresses the nozzle releasing the fuel. The weight of the full can keeps the spring tight, so you just have to balance the can (not hold it up.) When you're getting close to full, just lift the can a little to let the nozzle shut-off and drip, then pull the can away.
And wait the 15 minutes that it takes to empty 5 gallons out of those things... I have one too. I'm going to be giving it am air vent shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
And wait the 15 minutes that it takes to empty 5 gallons out of those things... I have one too. I'm going to be giving it am air vent shortly.

Best thing since sliced bread to cure those dang EPA safety nozzles:

EZ-Pour Water Can Replacement Spout Kit - Tractor Supply Co.. They actually call it a WATER replacement nozzle...:lol::laugh: The funniest thing is that this "water spout" is listed in the category "fuel handling accessories".

I put them on all my "water" cans!!! :thumbup1gif:

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Best thing since sliced bread to cure those dang EPA safety nozzles:

EZ-Pour Water Can Replacement Spout Kit - Tractor Supply Co.. They actually call it a WATER replacement nozzle...:lol::laugh: The funniest thing is that this "water spout" is listed in the category "fuel handling accessories".

I put them on all my "water" cans!!! :thumbup1gif:

Mike
I do the same thing. I was able to get the black ones because here in WV we told the EPA to shove it where the sun don't, well you know where. :nunu:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts

Me too. As soon as local Fleet Farm has them back in stock. I could drive my tractor to the gas station faster than I can pour 5 gallons out of the stupid no spill no leak no flow cans

1 - 20 of 22 Posts