·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
Interesting but... their hype says

"Any loader, any model

Just answer a few easy questions about your

loader and get matched with a Brush Crusher

that will be a perfect fit!"

But they don't offer it in a Deere Quick Attach (JDQA).

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting but... their hype says

"Any loader, any model

Just answer a few easy questions about your

loader and get matched with a Brush Crusher

that will be a perfect fit!"

But they don't offer it in a Deere Quick Attach (JDQA).

Isn't the 300CX JDQA?

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
It does not need to be JDQA or SSQA for that matter, it pins directly to the end of the loader arms and cylinders. I personally don't like the fact that the two "claws" are not in sync with each other, and the is not real curl control any more.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Interesting.

But my first thought was just what KennyD said.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea seems like it might take a little getting used to. But I sure like the idea of no hydraulics to mess with!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts
It has possibilities but I have to agree with Kennyd also.
I also don't care for the lack of steel between the two FEL arms. I could almost see tweaking one of the arms.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Claw

I asked for a thoughts on the same idea a few month ago and was told it need to be on a excavator. But O well. I agree with Kenny to a point. If they were in time like a JD loader with the timing bar, you would either be breaking the bolts on the timing bar or not clamping both ends tightly. If one side was a larger diameter and you had a timing bar then that side would clamp and the other not. At least this way the one cylinder clamps then the other. There has been many discussions on timing bar issues with the JD loaders when one arm moves but not the other. Same thing here one arm moves then the other.

·
Registered
498 Posts
$ 1100 for a neat toy/tool

Seems like a fun toy but with no stabilization between arms and the limited use and not friendly change overs. I'll have to pass

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Tony, I remember you had a different grapple idea but I wasn't following you explanation.

I can see this on a excavator or maybe even a backhoe.

Kinda looks creepy on the laoder arms. Stephen King would have had a field day with this in Christine!

·
Banned
419 Posts
Grapple

Tony, I remember you had a different grapple idea but I wasn't following you explanation.

I can see this on a excavator or maybe even a backhoe.

Kinda looks creepy on the laoder arms. Stephen King would have had a field day with this in Christine!
Sometimes I have a idea and can not get the idea out so others can understand. I was thinking of a grapple that you would control hydraulically. But still could push bit not as heavy as a root rake. Remember the more weight on the attachment the less weight you can pick up. But using the JDQA set up to hook up easily to the loader

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
So I don't get how the grapple jaws can operate independently and can be controlled by the operator. On my little tractor, the curl cylinders are connected in parallel. I don't have separate control of each curl cylinder. There is only one in and one out hose for curl at the QD block/SCV. Without the timing bar, the easiest cylinder would move until there was enough pressure to move the other. IIRC there were a couple of threads where the timing bar was loose and the quick attach arms didn't line up when approaching a bucket for attachment. In those same threads, it was explained that "at rest", without the timing bar, manually pushing one arm would cause the opposite arm to move in the opposite direction because the cylinders are connected. Not sure how a skid steer or larger tractors are plumbed, but this wouldn't work for me.

It was mentioned about the lack of a timing bar on this grapple. I might have missed it, but I would not want a timing bar between the jaws. You can't pick up an item that has different diameters at each end, such as a log with a "Y", or larger diameter on one end than the other. Picking something up like that would torque that rod to twist or come loose.

Just my 2 cents. Interesting idea though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Would you not just return the grapple to the fully retracted position and then they would be even once the shortest one reaches the stop?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Would you not just return the grapple to the fully retracted position and then they would be even once the shortest one reaches the stop?
I went back and looked at the website again. And yes, the grapples do operate independently, but it doesn't really say that you can operate them independently :banghead:

It appears that the operation is that you open them both then close down. The first/easiest moving one closes down then when it meets resistance, the other one starts closing. Opening them would vary depending on which cylinder sees more opening force by the object, but that shouldn't be a problem.

:flag_of_truce: I take back what I said ... and it would work on my tractor.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
I went back and looked at the website again. And yes, the grapples do operate independently, but it doesn't really say that you can operate them independently :banghead:

It appears that the operation is that you open them both then close down. The first/easiest moving one closes down then when it meets resistance, the other one starts closing. Opening them would vary depending on which cylinder sees more opening force by the object, but that shouldn't be a problem.

:flag_of_truce: I take back what I said ... and it would work on my tractor.
You are 100% correct on the operation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts