Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmmm,

I noticed the Number 10 cart behind my tractor didn't seem to be pulling correctly today. When I was moving it by hand, it insisted on turning right hand circles. Very tight circles.

That meant I had to make very tight left hand circles going backwards with my Zero turn which also made them right hand turns depending upon which direction I was facing, to hook the two together. Don't think that didn't require some deep thought on how to hitch the cart to the mower because of the restrictions.

Man I hate it when you are typing something on the laptop and doze off and when you wake up, you have about zillion and a half of these on your post. No, it's not a special message from Joe's son to his father in their new language lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll[\] hssq oooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccccccccccccc

It looks like the wheel has shrunk and that's why it doesn't fit on the tire. So much to consider to solve the problem. If only I had the right type of ballast, none of this likely would have happened............

I knew I should have put the tire pressure monitoring system on this cart. Then I would have known the tire was low on air. The sharp right hand turns weren't the giveaway you would think that kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,a
there I go, dozing off again. I can't even keep myself interested enough to stay awake. To much fresh air.

I guess I had better sleep on it. Not the actual tire and wheel, but solving the problem. Geez......

Maybe I need to extend the valve stem so it reaches the tire. Good thing I have the internet to research the solution....

tire.jpg

Super Moderator
Sooo... Your tire deflated and you broke the bead? Is that what your saying? (in between naps! 馃ぃ )

Jack it up, warp a cargo strap around the tire and tighten it up It may cause the sidewalls to bulge enough that they allow you to inflate the tire. If not, you need a tire bead blaster.

Or a local garage that has one...

Premium Member
Small potatos Sulley. Do as Jim said and get that bead to hold. Fill it up and slime it

Registered
Looks like a job for a little ether and a barbeque lighter.

Or one of the propane tank sized air tanks with about 2" pipe it of it with a ball valve, leading to a flattened nozzle to direct air to space between tire and tire beads.

Only image I could find. The ones I've seen are more like propane tanks for bbq.

Or, the cargo strap suggestion already made by JimR

Registered
Sooo... Your tire deflated and you broke the bead? Is that what your saying? (in between naps! 馃ぃ )

Jack it up, warp a cargo strap around the tire and tighten it up It may cause the sidewalls to bulge enough that they allow you to inflate the tire. If not, you need a tire bead blaster.

Or a local garage that has one...
Yep, used the strap method quite a bit. Sometimes you have to readjust it to get the bead pushed back evenly but with enough patience, it usually works.

Treefarmer

Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
I don鈥檛 see anything wrong with it. Mine look like that and roll just fine.

Premium Member
LOL.......i only wish my tire issues came in small size .....last i checked i have in excess of 60 tires to maintain ....
isn鈥檛 that the truth. Then there are the batteries.

Registered
I was gonna say a little ether and a lighter but I don't want to be drug (dragged?) out of bed by the safety police serving a no knock warrant, that and it makes me a little nervous when it doesn't work and the fire doesn't go out right away so I usually use a small ratchet strap around the center of the tread instead although that doesn't always work either.

I have a pair of new non-flat take-offs (so many hyphens) that were included with with my z945m because I ordered it with front Tweels that I will sell you for $50 for the pair, then you can save your starter fluid for some other project.

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why did you call him a dud?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I wondered the same thing......but I think he meant to say I would be glad I did......dud...... :unsure: ;)

Gee, the entire post was meant to be a joke................to mock some of the posts which we have had on here lately........I am well aware of how to fix it. But I appreciate everyone's concern..................

After 25 years, the tire finally had an issue. It was bound to happen.

I noticed the tire on my MC519 cart is also flat, but that one is only flat on the bottom.................:LOL:

Thanks for all of the input, everyone.......(y)

Travis has an interesting offer. I may need to pursue that one..........

Registered
Just another chapter in Sulleys story book!!!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, used the strap method quite a bit. Sometimes you have to readjust it to get the bead pushed back evenly but with enough patience, it usually works.

Treefarmer

This will be a test for the Tire Fix stuff you recommended and I use. Of course, its going to take a lot of tire sealant to fill that gap between the tire and rim........(just kidding......)

A neighbor who's lawn I haven't cut before, contacted me and asked if I would mow it for them as their mower is in the shop. They had a new roof put on their house about a month ago and I just knew I would find a nail or two in their lawn with my zero turn rear tires.

I put the LiquiTube Tire sealant in the tires and sure enough, I picked up a nail in EACH of the rear tires. I pulled the nails out with a pair of pliers and both tires immediately sealed themselves. The tire pressure was at 20 psi when I pulled the nails, (which is also where I set the tire pressure after I installed the Liqui Tube). I have been very impressed with that product.

Once I re-seat the bead on the cart tire, I will add Liquitube to those little tires as well. It's not going to take much............If I can't get the bead seated with the strap, them its going to be tube time.......and no Liquitube as one tube would be enough..............(y)

Registered
Hmmmmmm,

I noticed the Number 10 cart behind my tractor didn't seem to be pulling correctly today. When I was moving it by hand, it insisted on turning right hand circles. Very tight circles.

That meant I had to make very tight left hand circles going backwards with my Zero turn which also made them right hand turns depending upon which direction I was facing, to hook the two together. Don't think that didn't require some deep thought on how to hitch the cart to the mower because of the restrictions.

Man I hate it when you are typing something on the laptop and doze off and when you wake up, you have about zillion and a half of these on your post. No, it's not a special message from Joe's son to his father in their new language lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll[\] hssq oooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccccccccccccc

It looks like the wheel has shrunk and that's why it doesn't fit on the tire. So much to consider to solve the problem. If only I had the right type of ballast, none of this likely would have happened............

I knew I should have put the tire pressure monitoring system on this cart. Then I would have known the tire was low on air. The sharp right hand turns weren't the giveaway you would think that kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,a
there I go, dozing off again. I can't even keep myself interested enough to stay awake. To much fresh air.

I guess I had better sleep on it. Not the actual tire and wheel, but solving the problem. Geez......

Maybe I need to extend the valve stem so it reaches the tire. Good thing I have the internet to research the solution....

View attachment 782236
[/QUOTe
Thanks I like starting my day with a good laugh !!!!!
have a good day

Registered
This will be a test for the Tire Fix stuff you recommended and I use. Of course, its going to take a lot of tire sealant to fill that gap between the tire and rim........(just kidding......)

A neighbor who's lawn I haven't cut before, contacted me and asked if I would mow it for them as their mower is in the shop. They had a new roof put on their house about a month ago and I just knew I would find a nail or two in their lawn with my zero turn rear tires.

I put the LiquiTube Tire sealant in the tires and sure enough, I picked up a nail in EACH of the rear tires. I pulled the nails out with a pair of pliers and both tires immediately sealed themselves. The tire pressure was at 20 psi when I pulled the nails, (which is also where I set the tire pressure after I installed the Liqui Tube). I have been very impressed with that product.

Once I re-seat the bead on the cart tire, I will add Liquitube to those little tires as well. It's not going to take much............If I can't get the bead seated with the strap, them its going to be tube time.......and no Liquitube as one tube would be enough..............(y)
Glad Liquitube worked well for you. I've been impressed with the product. The straps will work but can try your patience as well. You may have to put a strap twice around the tire if the ratchet leaves a flat spot that doesn't push out the bead. I've also had to try different width straps. My local garage has a metal band that's got to be 50 years old. They seldom use it because tire machines are faster but if I have them change my trailer tires, they bring the band out. The ether trick works too. I've not done it but seen it done several times. I figure that I would somehow set the tire on fire, lol but it does work.

Treefarmer

Reactions: SulleyBear
1 - 20 of 57 Posts