Premium Member
13,804 Posts
Uh, and here I thought that’s what tractors were for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,998 Posts
Those are some steep side hills.

That reminds me when I was in Germany and I watched the ski hill groomers. They are on tracks and when they are coming down the mountain you swear you see the front, the top and the rear end all at one time.:laugh:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you check the other videos out on You tube, the angles they cut at are ridiculous! Cool machine ...comes at a premium too 14,000 Euro for the 20' Bar alone...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
That is some machine,. and very steep slopes.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This one is more my style.

4x4 , full cab and a roof mounted winch seen later in the video.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
I'll give the Europeans, especially the Germans credit for creating some very innovative machines that American manufacturers and users would be wise to consider. I've been watching a lot of YouBoob videos that Liebherr has posted of their machinery, and they make very impressive stuff, especially their cranes. :good2:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I ran into this today and thought it might be a interesting video to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVL1QBaJzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGZ8l1sSH8

It puts a new twist on going out and mowing the lawn!
What is the machine at 0:11 in the first video? Doesn't look like a mower. Doesn't even look like the stuff on the front is powered. Just things hanging from a frame.

Definitely innovative stuff. Seems like some of them are remote controlled too. Would work well for our snowmobile club to knock down weeds on our trails, especially in wet or swampy areas.

Rob

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I ran into this today and thought it might be a interesting video to post.

It puts a new twist on going out and mowing the lawn!
Wouldn't work in this country. Not enough safety devices on the wheels, no backup cut-off switch, no ROPS in the event of a roll over. Let's not forget the safety metal surrounding the cutters so you can only cut small stuff.

Reactions: mark02tj and PJR832

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wouldn't work in this country. Not enough safety devices on the wheels, no backup cut-off switch, no ROPS in the event of a roll over. Let's not forget the safety metal surrounding the cutters so you can only cut small stuff.
I thought Europe was even more safety conscious than the US?

Rob

Reactions: mjncad and PJR832

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Reactions: PJR832 and mjncad

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is the machine at 0:11 in the first video? Doesn't look like a mower. Doesn't even look like the stuff on the front is powered. Just things hanging from a frame.

Definitely innovative stuff. Seems like some of them are remote controlled too. Would work well for our snowmobile club to knock down weeds on our trails, especially in wet or swampy areas.

Rob
No clue...

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
They probably just teach there people common sense. That left this country years ago.
As far as I know they lost it far before we did. But I agree it is mostly gone here too now.

Reactions: mjncad and PJR832
1 - 18 of 18 Posts