Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering does anyone have thoughts, (good or bad) on the Miller 210 Synowave welder. Currently on sale. It is a Inverter based unit. Should I consider it or just pass on it. The utube videos look good. Your thoughts ?

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
I edited the title for clarity, might help you get some more views.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I think my Invision 354MP is a 2005 model, inverter based. It's not the first series of inverters Miller came out with, and I'm reasonably sure the one before it wasn't their first either. I absolutely LOVE that welder.

When I got my Sync 250DX in 2006, I bought it because my first TIG experience was on a Miller from the 60's - so old it has 100% loss cooling for the torch (straight from the tap through the gun to the drain!). They just don't go bad.

Now I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten a dynasty. :laugh: The inverter TIG's just have so much more possibilities for aluminum. You can weld aluminum with a transformer machine all day long, and twice on Sunday, but the arc controls of the different frequencies and the balance of EP/EN is just way, way better with the inverters.

Another one to look out for is the Thermal Arc inverter TIGs. You can often find them for cheap because they're not as well known as the Miller/Lincoln/Esab's, but they're every bit as capable and substantially less $$$ used.

So to answer your question, we need to know more. What do you intend to do with this thing? They rate it to 1/4" at a 60% duty cycle. I've been running at 280A to weld the 3/8" chains for my tractor tires. More heat is always better. You can turn them down if it's too hot, you can't turn them up more than they'll go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts