Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You’re thoughts are welcomed...1/4 x 1 flat alum with a 1/8 flat as a stiff back. Bolted at rear into hinge support and bolted at front into core support its not welded yet so now is the time for change

Attachments

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You’re thoughts are welcomed...1/4 x 1 flat alum with a 1/8 flat as a stiff back. Bolted at rear into hinge support and bolted at front into core support its not welded yet so now is the time for change
I can't tell by the pictures as to how difficult it might be to change the filters, otherwise I give it a :bigthumb:
It sure beats a possible broken valve cover. American ingenuity at work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Filter housing is in its OEM location. The bracket has a “kick” in it to jump over the removable section. So to answer your thoughts, its a pain as it was when new. Lpl

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Looks pretty genius to me.
I think if I copied it I would use aluminum angle stock and mill slots for the band clamps.
Good thinking!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I can't tell by the pictures as to how difficult it might be to change the filters, otherwise I give it a :bigthumb:
It sure beats a possible broken valve cover. American ingenuity at work.
That will be my fix. This is perfection. Very little cost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
That will be my fix. This is perfection. Very little cost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Just thought of this. Could you anchor the housing to your fabricated bracket using rubber straps instead of screw clamps? In that manner, it might make it a little easier to change the filters. Just brainstorming! :think:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes rubber straps would be an option... thinking through this certainly a better option so more vibrations are isolated. Now to find the right strap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd suspect a garden tractor rubber battery strap will work? I was unaware of this issue on the 1025r... what exactly happens?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think your design looks real nice. One thing I suggest is to shorten the long “bar” and use some type durometer isolation mounts or pads were the bolts mount at both ends. I say this so the original tractor vibrations are not changed as much between the two structures.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd suspect a garden tractor rubber battery strap will work? I was unaware of this issue on the 1025r... what exactly happens?
Some of the years of the 1025R’s have an issue with the bracket for the air box breaking. If the bracket brakes no big deal Just a replacement of the bracket. The bracket is bolted to the top of the motor. In a catastrophic failure of the bracket the top of the motor will be broken and the material will fall into the motor... causing an extreme engine failure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Completed photos. Did a cold start after completing installation and filter housing had some shake but anout 1/10 th as much as when mounted to engine...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Completed photos. Did a cold start after completing installation and filter housing had some shake but anout 1/10 th as much as when mounted to engine...
I personally like your mod, but the most important thing, is that you did took steps to eliminate the problem that Mother Deere created. :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts