Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Administrator
25,372 Posts
I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by my Artillian forks. They lock in place on the top, but not on the bottom--they can and do move on the track. I've tried to pick up items such as a balled tree, and as I drive the bottom of the forks start to spread and the tree drops. There should be a locking mechanism on the bottom too. If you're just lifting pallets, they will work fine.
Normal for all forks.

Reactions: trav and MTB98

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm not aware of any "tractor" pallet forks that lock in place on the bottom.. Put the on in the center and slide left or right as needed and set the top pin.
I didn't know that. Probably if I did I might not have bought them. I've had them spread enough they jam and I have to smack them with a sledge to move them. I'm better off just using my bucket to move most things. A $1600 lesson.

· Premium Member
4,557 Posts
I didn't know that. Probably if I did I might not have bought them. I've had them spread enough they jam and I have to smack them with a sledge to move them. I'm better off just using my bucket to move most things. A $1600 lesson.
Lift your loader up so the fork tips clear the ground, point the forks down (dump) - this will take some weight off the bearing surfaces making it easier to move them. Not sure how you're using them but in my use which includes pallets, digging, prying etc, I've never had them jam as you describe. I don't have the Artillian forks but they are all of the same basic design and function.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

· Registered
2019 JD1025R
196 Posts
I also have the 42” Frontier forks for my 1025R and they have served me very well. One thing you need to be aware of is your counterbalance, without some weight on the rear, they don’t pick up much, it wouldn’t matter which brand you get., same with the grapple, etc. I get free pallets from a couple of companies close to my house which makes it easy to move cinder block, bricks and other stuff. They put them near the road on their respective properties. For some reason, my JD dealership just trashes them. Also be cautious if you don’t have a flat yard as it can get a little nerve wracking due to the instability design of the JD. My next purchase will be the BOra Spacers, hoping it will help.

· Registered
2019 JD1025R
196 Posts
As MattL posted, forks are all movable on the bottom. I have a lot of experience with fork lifts of all sizes up to the big bad boys that can pick up 50,000#. Just make sure they’re in the notch and locked in at top and figure out the correct angle for picking up stuff. If you hit the tip on something, they can go awry, but backing out, tipping and a few quick lurches with the front end will set them back in place and I never have to leave my seat. I have noticed when the guys who took down some trees borrowed it for one thing or another, the less experienced ones with forks were always knocking them out of alignment. So the young man with the most experience took over. They all loved the grapple when it came to moving limbs and trees

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.