Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to throw on some wheel spacers and there's this semi new high strength thread locker Orange that's out. High strength and vibration resistant but claiming to be removable with hand tools. Has anyone used this stuff yet??? Good, bad? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
Hmm... I had not heard of this stuff yet but it sounds like good stuff to use in many places in place of red. I see their ad is "Throw away your old threadlocker". :)

Permatex High Strength Removable Orange is a hybrid formula that combines the strength of a Permatex Red Threadlocker with the removability of a Permatex Blue Threadlocker. Permatex Orange provides high strength for heavy-duty applications, but unlike Red Threadlocker, it can removed with hand tools and does not require heating to achieve removal. Ideal for high vibration applications such as power sports, heavy equipment, automotive, and industrial applications. With 3X the strength of Blue Threadlocker, Permatex Orange Threadlocker ensures that pieces will not loosen or back out over time.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Reading their specs, it appears it is magical. But my concerns are this....... if its 3 times as strong as the blue, and removable with hand tools and will replace the red as well ..... maybe its the tinfoil hat in me that wonders what company in their own literature is telling you to disregard 2 of their previous products? They are basically telling you this new product beats their other 'tried and true' versions,. which have been bulletproof for years and years. Did they just need a new revenue stream, and if so, its going to kill off 2 previous ones. I just dont get it.

Call me simple but, until this stuff is out a few years, I will stick with my blue and red as necessary.

·
Premium Member
4,771 Posts
hmmm sounds like a good product where needed.....will have to check into it.....i only use the lipstick tube type instead of liquid
Me too but part of that is the blue paste sure smells good.:good2:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It seems like it would replace both blue and red. They should have made it purple.:dunno:
They already make purple. It’s for small screws. I have used it on rifle scopes. I have also seen yellow. Locktite is the most common brand of thread locker. But there are other brands out there using different colors .

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
They already make purple. It’s for small screws. I have used it on rifle scopes. I have also seen yellow. Locktite is the most common brand of thread locker. But there are other brands out there using different colors .
I guess I am behind the times as I have never used purple. I've always used blue loctite for scopes. In fact, some mounts used to come with a little tube of blue.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far nobody used the orange. I put the stuff in my basket and on its way. Figure I will give it a shot since I had to order some high strength anyway.

I use that lipstick paste in blue as well. Doesn't spill all over the place. Although liquid blue for the RC truck screws was easier than paste, smaller screws. Never have used anything but red or blue. Blue for normal and red for it ain't coming back out anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts