Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the backhoe installed the three point hitch and it's not going low enough to pick up my implement and it seems like it goes awful high I've read the book I've tried just about everything just can't get it to go down far enough any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
On the draft links the hole that the turnbuckle bolts the lift link to the draft link is not centered. It is an inch one way or the other, it is possible you have to flip your draft links end for end and that might give you what you are looking for.

Edit: that is how it is on the 2018 2025R, you didn't clarify that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I swapped them it didn't make a difference it almost acts like the arms on the tractors isn'tcoming down all the way

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
Well I swapped them it didn't make a difference it almost acts like the arms on the tractors isn'tcoming down all the way
Did you try opening up the rate of drop knob? Also, I assume you are applying some force with your hands to pull them down?

Reactions: FormulaB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the knob is open turn it both ways push down on it they won't go down no farther I just took delivery on it yesterday dear be getting a call from me on Monday I don't know what's going on with it

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,413 Posts
I still think it's odd the draft links have only 1 hole for the lift link. :banghead:

Reactions: FormulaB and PJR832

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
It's probably me but I can't figure out the problem
I know this might sound dumb, but is your position control stop not set all the way down?

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
I still think it's odd the draft links have only 1 hole for the lift link. :banghead:
Most tractors only have one hole in the draft links.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,413 Posts
Most tractors only have one hole in the draft links.
You are probably correct but these smaller tractors really do need more holes being so low to the ground. Out 2320 has 3 each.

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
You are probably correct but these smaller tractors really do need more holes being so low to the ground. Out 2320 has 3 each.
I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
I agree. Fortunately they sell a tool to correct the situation. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I agree. Fortunately they sell a tool to correct the situation. :)
I believe the terminology has clouded the issue. Everyone calls parts by different names.
What they are saying is that the lift link only has one hole that connects to the draft arm.
The lift links on MOST tractors have more than one hole. Most of Deeres CUTs had/have 3 holes on the lower portion of the lift link, which allows an adjustable lift range.
This is the reason quite a few members have gone to two adjustable lift links on the 1025 and new 2025.
Had Deere used a similar link on the new 2025 (and 1025 and previous) as they did on the old 2025, this would be a non issue.
Well, the OPs issue would still exist, but the other issues necessitating the use of two adjustable links would be a non issue.

So, while they do make a tool to correct the hole location in the draft arm, thats not the issue here.
There isnt any extra material to drill through to add to the lift links.

For reference, Im calling the two more vertical pieces "lift links" and the two lower arms that connect to the implement "draft arms."

·
Registered
491 Posts
Make sure you got the right 3PT kit with your machine. If yours came with the backhoe installed more than likely you got the 3PT handed to you in a box.

I ended up getting a setup for a 1025R and the links are shorter. I had the same issue as you when I first put my hitch on. I ended up noticing on the box it was marked 1025R. Having two brain cells to rub together (I think) I figured there was no way both machines could share the same, a trip back to the dealer confirmed this. I got the right setup and everything worked great from then on.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Make sure you got the right 3PT kit with your machine. If yours came with the backhoe installed more than likely you got the 3PT handed to you in a box.

I ended up getting a setup for a 1025R and the links are shorter. I had the same issue as you when I first put my hitch on. I ended up noticing on the box it was marked 1025R. Having two brain cells to rub together (I think) I figured there was no way both machines could share the same, a trip back to the dealer confirmed this. I got the right setup and everything worked great from then on.
I was going to suggest that also. They forgot to deliver mine when the swapped the 2025/1025. I was just going to keep mine from the1025 but it didn’t work

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are 3 or so holes in both the lift arms and one of the other arms on the 3ph. Piddles with them. You'll find some that will work. Just do not get any holes where your top link ends up longer than your lift arms.

Ralph

·
Administrator
18,784 Posts
Thanks for everybody's help it does look like I got a 1025 three point hitch going to tell the dealer tomorrow thanks for everybody's ideas
Yet another difference between the 1025 and 2025, seems they are not as similar as everybody thought when they first came out.

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
There are 3 or so holes in both the lift arms and one of the other arms on the 3ph. Piddles with them. You'll find some that will work. Just do not get any holes where your top link ends up longer than your lift arms.

Ralph
Ralph, you need to know which 2025 people are referring too.
Yet another difference between the 1025 and 2025, seems they are not as similar as everybody thought when they first came out.
:thumbup1gif:

I believe it was sergeant who said it," if they didn't share the same FEL and BH I really don't think anyone would have ever made that reference."

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Kennyd
1 - 20 of 20 Posts