Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on here somewhere that putting your attachments down from your 3 point is a good idea, especially if you have kids that are around the tractor. Just in case they release the lever and a quarter ton comes down on them.

Lately I have been faithful and lowering it. Every time I go out and snow blow I raise it up. This last time it would not move. I thought it just might be cold but I tried again after I have been using the blower for a while, and it still wouldn't move. Front hydraulics are working great.

What could it be?

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
I have read on here somewhere that putting your attachments down from your 3 point is a good idea, especially if you have kids that are around the tractor. Just in case they release the lever and a quarter ton comes down on them.

Lately I have been faithful and lowering it. Every time I go out and snow blow I raise it up. This last time it would not move. I thought it just might be cold but I tried again after I have been using the blower for a while, and it still wouldn't move. Front hydraulics are working great.

What could it be?
Could it be your rate of drop adjustment got closed?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Do you hear it straining when you try to raise it?

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Three point hitch

Not sure what you mean.
The rate of drop for the 3 point is adjustable, under the seat between your legs on a 1025, under the right side of the seat on a 1023. Also, did it still not come up after a few minutes of engine warmup?
I should add, if you close the rate of drop completely the 3 point will lower. So I’m going back to warmup maybe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
the rate of drop knob is a knob that's located near the center of the step through on the tractor, but it should only affect when you are lowering implements. if it's straining while raising, the questions i'd ask are 1, do you have a power beyond loop that may be unhooked, and 2, is there anything blocking the rock shaft from operating, like caked in snow and ice?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is parked outdoor since I do not have a garage for it at the moment. We did get ice and I leave the seat up so I can have a dry seat when blowing.

No. After warm up it never did go up and came in the house to ask you guys whats up with dat. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
It is parked outdoor since I do not have a garage for it at the moment. We did get ice and I leave the seat up so I can have a dry seat when blowing.

No. After warm up it never did go up and came in the house to ask you guys whats up with dat. :mocking:
I would check the rate of drop, you have a 1023? With the seat up you’ll see a chrome lever to the right side of the seat, make sure that is not closed all the way clockwise. I haven’t done it in quite some time but I don’t believe it will raise nor lower in the full closed position.

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to put it in the heated garage tomorrow but got to wait for the misses to go to work and take her car out.
I will report my findings tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Is it froze to the ground? You said it’s outside and mentioned ice. :unknown:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it froze to the ground? You said it’s outside and mentioned ice. :unknown:
Na, she broke free as soon as it is in gear and moving. 3/4" of sleet. Never moved a knob.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
One of the more knowledgeable hydraulic guys will be along shortly. Put her inside and warm er up. Sure it’s a simple problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would check the rate of drop, you have a 1023? ..
Yes, 1023e. Never touched the knob. Could I have rubbed/kicked or moved it with out knowing?

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Three point hitch

Yes, 1023e. Never touched the knob. Could I have rubbed/kicked or moved it with out knowing?
That’s what I was thinking, I know on mine I’ve hit accidentally and it doesn’t take as much as one would think, but I barely crack mine open. But it is there under the right side of the seat on mine, yours could be different being a few years older than mine.
Can you pick up on the draft arms make them move? By hand I mean, if you can that eliminates the rate drop being closed and possibly the frozen theory as well.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
I should add, if you close the rate of drop completely the 3 point will lower. So I’m going back to warmup maybe.
What tractor do you have? On most tractors if you close the rate of drop knob the 3PH will not drop at all and stays locked in position. It will still raise however.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is in a nice warm place as we speak. Snapped a couple of photos of under the seat so you guys can help in locating the drop knob.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts