Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
New to the 1025r I was wondering if the 3 point has a float setting also? Thanks
Three points do not generate down pressure (though there are some that have that option on larger tractors), so every setting except all the way up is "float."

·
Premium Member
12,722 Posts
Even though it has no down pressure, does the 3PH really float? Once lowered it can raise up but it can't really go down. If it could truly float and follow the ground why is it so difficult to smooth ground without the rear blade raising every time the rear wheels hit a bump?

The loader on the other hand does truly float. Once lowered and the SCV latching into float mode the bucket will follow the contour of the ground.

Or am I missing something?

Reactions: PJR832 and Robnik

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sounds like you need to check the 3-point drop rate valve under the seat, it's probably turned in (clockwise) too far, which would prevent or slow it from dropping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm confused by these posts. When you lower the 3pt aren't you in essence setting the lowest point at which it will go?

If it did indeed float wouldn't I be scalping the grass when I lowered the Bush hog? I understand that maybe it's a one-way float---up, but it doesn't float down once set

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,498 Posts
Even though it has no down pressure, does the 3PH really float? Once lowered it can raise up but it can't really go down. If it could truly float and follow the ground why is it so difficult to smooth ground without the rear blade raising every time the rear wheels hit a bump?

The loader on the other hand does truly float. Once lowered and the SCV latching into float mode the bucket will follow the contour of the ground.

Depending on the type of implement attached, it can be looked at in this manner:
Just as on the loader cylinders, placing the loader valve in float position, the loader will float until it reaches it's limit, basically each end of the cylinder's stroke. So yes, when the 3 point hitch lever is placed in it's lowest position, the hitch will float until it reaches it's limit.

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
I'm confused by these posts. When you lower the 3pt aren't you in essence setting the lowest point at which it will go?

If it did indeed float wouldn't I be scalping the grass when I lowered the Bush hog? I understand that maybe it's a one-way float---up, but it doesn't float down once set

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But it will "float" back down...to the lower limit set by the rockshaft valve.

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts

The rockshaft lever sets the lower limit, so the 3PH will float between the uppermost position and the lowest position set by the lever. Push the lever all the forward and the 3PH will float all the way through from the lowermost to the uppermost limit.

·
Premium Member
13,644 Posts
Sounds like you need to check the 3-point drop rate valve under the seat, it's probably turned in (clockwise) too far, which would prevent or slow it from dropping.
But it should be noted that is only rate of drop, not depth of drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
What tractor are we talking about here? I think it matters....

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,644 Posts
What tractor are we talking about here? I think it matters....
I think this was originally started regarding a 1025r

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh yea, totally missed that. Duh...

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
This is being severely over-complicated.

The 1025r's three point floats. All the time. Like all things that float, it floats within the limits of its range of motion. That's it. There's nothing more to it.

·
Premium Member
12,722 Posts
I think you are correct. I probably still had the drop-rate knob set to slowly lower the blade and I should have opened it up to allow the blade to move rapidly - allowing it to follow the contour of the ground. I will definitely try this next time.

Reactions: AJgrn78 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,644 Posts
I think you are correct. I probably still had the drop-rate knob set to slowly lower the blade and I should have opened it up to allow the blade to move rapidly - allowing it to follow the contour of the ground. I will definitely try this next time.
You are correct, by increasing the rate of drop it does free up the drag links but you also have to keep in mind certain implements will "float" better than others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts