Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Deere 3038e control lever very hard to move. Seems like you either get it up or down, very hard to control. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,282 Posts
No, that should not be normal. Try lubricating the pivot points with something like Fluid Film.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had some garage door lube for overhead doors trying this. It seems to move the controls a little smother. But my question is shouldn't I be able to raise it half or a quarter of the way up and hold it there? It seems that I have to raise it all the way up or nothing

·
Administrator
18,282 Posts
Yes, your rockshaft has what's called "position control" so you should be able to put it wherever you want it-and it should stay there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lever is physically hard to move, and it does not stay in place except all the way up or all the way down.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is not correct function. Is it a new unit? If so, should be a warranty fix. Ours moves smoothly from lowest to highest, stays put when released & has an adjustable toggle stop to set a low position limit if desired when using equipment that needs to maintain a minimum height (like a rotary cutter).

Nick

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you try adjusting the rate of drop valve to see if anything changed? Mine moves pretty stiff and squeals like a pig from bottom to top

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts