Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on the plow adapter, hoping if it works I can sell my snow blower and simplify things. That was on 11/18/2017; I got an immediate confirmation and no word since. I emailed 6 days ago asking for an update; still nothing. Three weeks is long time for total radio silence; I'm disappointed but still hopeful.

I came on the forum to make sure Chris was okay. I'm glad he's sold out successfully but this doesn't look great for the new ownership.

Thanks all,
Seth

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad I checked these threads. I needed some equipment and thought about ordering the Grapple kit and Diverter system for my 1 series and then saw these messages. To say this put a stop on the orders is an understatement. It's a shame too because I wanted to try the products out after all these years.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Silence is a deadly killer.........

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Glad I checked these threads. I needed some equipment and thought about ordering the Grapple kit and Diverter system for my 1 series and then saw these messages. To say this put a stop on the orders is an understatement. It's a shame too because I wanted to try the products out after all these years.
HI CJ, please hold off making any absolute decisions. There are a number of reasons for a mistake like this. I do believe they are shipping many orders quite steadily. The products are well worth getting, especially for a subcompact!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Maybe they are just having some "growing pains" like GFP was a few months ago?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Our Apologies for the Radio Silence

I finally pulled the trigger on the plow adapter, hoping if it works I can sell my snow blower and simplify things. That was on 11/18/2017; I got an immediate confirmation and no word since. I emailed 6 days ago asking for an update; still nothing. Three weeks is long time for total radio silence; I'm disappointed but still hopeful.

I came on the forum to make sure Chris was okay. I'm glad he's sold out successfully but this doesn't look great for the new ownership.

Thanks all,
Seth

Seth,

Per my email to you this morning, let me again apologize for the "Radio Silence" with respect to your order. We have been extremely busy over the last few weeks, but that is no excuse for missing your question on your order. As I stated, we did have one of the items on back order, and should have notified you so you could plan accordingly.

I will keep you up to date with the details on your order.

Green Tractor Talk is a forum that is extremely important to Artillian, and Curtis. If any members for the forum have questions or would like to reach out directly to me, I would be glad to assist in any matters.

We have been shipping orders in approximately 10 days over the past month due to our seasonal increase in volume.

Best Regards

John F Davis
Director of Aftermarket Sales - Curtis Industries LLC, (and Artillian Tractor)
[email protected]
508-459-4308 (Direct Line)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found John's email here on GTT and reached out, and he acked over the weekend and have me a call and an email this morning (I was stuck in meetings so we didn't talk). I'll keep folks here updated when I get a report about shipping or further back ordering, but I do want to give them a chance. And I still really want the product, I love my forks and I love the idea of not having to mount the blower each winter!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I found John's email here on GTT and reached out, and he acked over the weekend and have me a call and an email this morning (I was stuck in meetings so we didn't talk). I'll keep folks here updated when I get a report about shipping or further back ordering, but I do want to give them a chance.

:munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the word is the hydraulic extension kit is going to take til the end of the week. They offered to ship separately but I have no use for the plow adapter without hoses so I'll wait; if I goes any longer I'll likely cancel that part of the order and have something fabricated locally. We only got flurries here (Pittsburgh) this time, but that won't last.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
HI CJ, please hold off making any absolute decisions. There are a number of reasons for a mistake like this. I do believe they are shipping many orders quite steadily. The products are well worth getting, especially for a subcompact!
cjdavis - I have to agree 101% with C-Range. The products are well worth getting and you won't be sorry that you ordered them once they're on your tractor. The Artillian Diverter system is top notch and easy to install. I don't own the grapple, but I do have the forks and the Front-Hoe. The quality is second to none.

As a small business owner myself I know all too well the importance of trying to keep on top of customer communications. Unfortunately, from time to time things do slip through the cracks. I think that's what happened here. Hopefully the folks at Curtis are looking at how the oversight occurred and are taking steps to prevent it from happening again. Give 'em a chance - you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All's well in the end

Well, I had to rig up the original mount to plow the driveway to take delivery, but a bunch of boxes arrived yesterday from Curtis and I'll get them on the tractor this weekend I hope. Thanks to everyone for listening, and John did a great job of keeping in touch once we got past the initial slip up. I love my forks and bucket cart, and I hope this plow adapter will be more of the same!!

Seth

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Well, I had to rig up the original mount to plow the driveway to take delivery, but a bunch of boxes arrived yesterday from Curtis and I'll get them on the tractor this weekend I hope. Thanks to everyone for listening, and John did a great job of keeping in touch once we got past the initial slip up. I love my forks and bucket cart, and I hope this plow adapter will be more of the same!!

Seth
Seth,

If you have any questions on getting the plow setup dialed in, ask away. I'll do my best to help from memory.

For example, if you find your blade is tripping too much, move the "dog leg" solid link bottom pin BACK one hole. If you are gouging/digging in too much, do the opposite. Start with one of the center-ish holes. You can always toss a level against the blade, vertically, to get a good starting point.

The other thing I find key is to get as much weight onto the front wheels/tractor frame as you can (not the loader/plow). Use chains, weights, kids :laugh: or a well fed mother in law..whatever it takes :laugh:. And don't add gobs of weight to the rear, just enough. It's all about balance from front to rear. Once you get it right, all wheels will do their job properly, traction and steering.

If you are using chains, well, that's cheating :laugh: but it will certainly simplify the matter. I never used chains due to having finished asphalt. Plus I don't care for the added pulsed traction working against the mechanics of the drive train if not on a loose base. Lastly, I'm really just too lazy to mess with chains anyway.:laugh:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a bunch, C Range! That gives me a good start right there; I wasn't sure what angle to be aiming for. I'm with you on chains; I can try putting some more weight forward if I start seeing problems.

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
Seth,

If you have any questions on getting the plow setup dialed in, ask away. I'll do my best to help from memory.

For example, if you find your blade is tripping too much, move the "dog leg" solid link bottom pin BACK one hole. If you are gouging/digging in too much, do the opposite. Start with one of the center-ish holes. You can always toss a level against the blade, vertically, to get a good starting point.

The other thing I find key is to get as much weight onto the front wheels/tractor frame as you can (not the loader/plow). Use chains, weights, kids :laugh: or a well fed mother in law..whatever it takes :laugh:. And don't add gobs of weight to the rear, just enough. It's all about balance from front to rear. Once you get it right, all wheels will do their job properly, traction and steering.

If you are using chains, well, that's cheating :laugh: but it will certainly simplify the matter. I never used chains due to having finished asphalt. Plus I don't care for the added pulsed traction working against the mechanics of the drive train if not on a loose base. Lastly, I'm really just too lazy to mess with chains anyway.:laugh:

Enjoy!
I'm a bit slow on the pickup, Chris. Glad to see you around here. Hope you are doing well.

Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts