Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really considering buying a CTC loader for my 2016 X738. I ask CTC about increasing the loader capacity from 400 lbs to 700 lbs. The reply was they sell shim kit from the pressure relief valve for $75.
I read on other forums that they are replacing the THRV (transaxle hydrostatic relief valve) BW15044 and free Wheeling lever M146148. These parts are listed for some x700s model but not my x738. So will I need to do this upgrade on my x738 to use a loader?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am pretty sure the parts are the same for the x728/38/48/58 machines and yes, you need to do the valve upgrade to protect the the transmission. I am curious about what is in their shim that it costs $75. In addition to the shim(s), you will want a hydraulic pressure guage to test your pressure. By the way, a simple 10mm OD - 5mm ID - 1mm thick washer usually puts you right around the recommended 1250psi. It's a surprisingly simple job aside from the hassle of taking the fender deck off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am pretty sure the parts are the same for the x728/38/48/58 machines and yes, you need to do the valve upgrade to protect the the transmission. I am curious about what is in their shim that it costs $75. In addition to the shim(s), you will want a hydraulic pressure guage to test your pressure. By the way, a simple 10mm OD - 5mm ID - 1mm thick washer usually puts you right around the recommended 1250psi. It's a surprisingly simple job aside from the hassle of taking the fender deck off.

Thankyou, So I could use a M5 stainless washer for a shim since it is almost the same size as you described.
I will need to buy a hydraulic guage. Does anyone know what type of fitting that I will need to get for the guage to plug into the hydraulic quick disconnect port of my tractor?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thankyou, So I could use a M5 stainless washer for a shim since it is almost the same size as you described.
I will need to buy a hydraulic guage. Does anyone know what type of fitting that I will need to get for the guage to plug into the hydraulic quick disconnect port of my tractor?
Yes, the M5 will work. Also, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks sells a guage with the quick connect tip (1/4 inch) for $45 in case you don't want to make your own. You have to specify the tip size when ordering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts