Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I realize now there are products that are available on the market that are the same and achieve the same results as these.

I designed these in cardboard at first, (just to affirm clearance and fitment) and transposed them to a CAD program. Then they were CNC plasma cut. The 2" hitch receiver was bought, and welded along with the plasma cut gussets.

I could have purchased these pieces, and not to discount anyone or company who provides these to owners. That solves a problem that many who own a sub compact tractor have.

Perhaps it could inspire someone to create similar doo dads for themselves. I am not a fabricator at all by trade, rather an "experimenter".
Fronthooks.jpeg
Drawbarplate.jpeg

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
Nice job :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really like the front pieces you fabbed up. They look factory.
I'd buy a set of those for sure as they require no modifications and use existing holes.

Good Job!

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you know if they’ll work with the Quick Hitch parts attached? While I love Ken’s Products, the website says they won’t work with Quick Hitch parts attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
Do you know if they’ll work with the Quick Hitch parts attached? While I love Ken’s Products, the website says they won’t work with Quick Hitch parts attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read the thread I linked above, especially starting at post #15 for KYLew. They may indeed work for you, if not read post #18 where I posted a link to some that are QH compatible with no modifications.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Ken,

Instead of having a grab hook hooked directly to the tie down bracket, will a 5/16" grab hook fit through the hole? ...or do you need to take the hook off of the chain to have the chain wrap through the hole and the hook grab back to the chain?

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts

Ken,

Instead of having a grab hook hooked directly to the tie down bracket, will a 5/16" grab hook fit through the hole? ...or do you need to take the hook off of the chain to have the chain wrap through the hole and the hook grab back to the chain?
I believe a grab hook will fit through the fronts, definitely will on the rear's.

Please ask specific question related to our product in the thread I linked above, this thread is (or was supposed to be) about the nice ones 1962Lark made for his machine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello all,

I realize now there are products that are available on the market that are the same and achieve the same results as these.

I designed these in cardboard at first, (just to affirm clearance and fitment) and transposed them to a CAD program. Then they were CNC plasma cut. The 2" hitch receiver was bought, and welded along with the plasma cut gussets.

I could have purchased these pieces, and not to discount anyone or company who provides these to owners. That solves a problem that many who own a sub compact tractor have.

Perhaps it could inspire someone to create similar doo dads for themselves. I am not a fabricator at all by trade, rather an "experimenter".
View attachment 707328
View attachment 707330
Excellent job! Do you have a local source for your plate steel or did you use some scrap laying around?

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I will have to look closer at the 2025. The 1025 had perfect places to hook chains directly to the front frame as well as the rear draw bar. It took a few different tries before I found them. I was considering adding clevises to unused holes until I found the "sweet spots". I havent trailered the 2025 yet so I cant say if they are the same yet. Ill check

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent job! Do you have a local source for your plate steel or did you use some scrap laying around?
Thank you. I can’t take all (or any for that matter) the credit. I had some help from my brother and help with CNC. Good to know friends in low places I suppose.

We had the steel in stock at the farm. It was from a 10’ by 12”, 3/8” plate chunk. I think we ordered it at some point to repair a heavy harrow or cultivator frame. It’s been laying on the steel rack for a few months.

I definitely try to limit my scrap of 3/8” plate. It doesn’t seem to grow on trees!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts