Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plenty of time before spring work begins - the King Kitter 48" arrived. Tonight is uncrating, reading the manual and checking fluids.
Will be at least 3 weeks before tilling starts.

Was about all the 1025R could do to move it with the FEL. Slow and easy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts
Plenty of time before spring work begins - the King Kitter 48" arrived. Tonight is uncrating, reading the manual and checking fluids.
Will be at least 3 weeks before tilling starts.
Very nice, you'll have fun with that :good2:
Just so you are aware(maybe you didn't mean to word it that way), you won't be checking fluids, you'll more than likely be adding the oil. Most anything like that that I've ever seen is shipped dry, so you'll want to have plenty of gear oil on hand.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Never thought I wanted one then I watch TTWT last week now I am thinking. I don't garden but who knows??? Good Luck with your and Ill be watching :munch::munch:

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts
Never thought I wanted one then I watch TTWT last week now I am thinking. I don't garden but who knows??? Good Luck with your and Ill be watching :munch::munch:
Well, nobody said you have to have a garden, you could just go out and find random fields to till :lol: it sure is a lot of fun :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, you'll have fun with that :good2:
Just so you are aware(maybe you didn't mean to word it that way), you won't be checking fluids, you'll more than likely be adding the oil. Most anything like that that I've ever seen is shipped dry, so you'll want to have plenty of gear oil on hand.
Good advice for sure. The King Kutters should ship with oil from factory - but.... Thus the checking!

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
Good advice for sure. The King Kutters should ship with oil from factory - but.... Thus the checking!

I don't know of any equipment like this that ships with oil in the gearbox. There is always (usually?) a bright tag wired to the gearbox stating that it is shipped dry.

If you ordered it - why not green?

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts

Well now you’ve got me curious, that would be a new one to me, let us know either way.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
My girlfriend bought the 54 inch King Kutter for her 1023. Hers came with oil in the gear box and side gear housing. I had to mill some of the diameter off the spacer behind the top link pin on her tiller so that her Imatch hitch hook would fit in there.

Thing works awesome! I wish I had my own, I have borrowed hers a couple times and it is her only ballast. Gets real sketchy lifting it into my pickup at her house.

I have lots of lawn repair that I would like to use it on. Not into gardening at this point in my life.

Your gonna love it :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Very nice. What's the stated weight of that?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up over at the neighbor's making Maple syrup but had just enough time to un-crate it first.

I peaked in the top gearbox and sure enough it had oil in it. Still have to check the actual levels grease it up and check the PTO length.

No quick hitch for me yet. I'll build a dolly for it.

It is listed as 524 lbs on the site where I got it from https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/479035-king-kutter-xb-gear-driven-tiller.html

IMG_20180328_175416.jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I don't know of any equipment like this that ships with oil in the gearbox. There is always (usually?) a bright tag wired to the gearbox stating that it is shipped dry.

If you ordered it - why not green?
King Kutter apparently ships them with oil in them. My 60" KK Professional tiller had lube in both gearboxes and the instructions said to check and adjust the level before operation. One needed a little fluid. Heck, they even grease them for you (and then paint over the blob of grease that leaks out the zerk so it is nice and green).

Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've gotten the Tiller all prepped and (mostly) finished the dolly for it. Here's a few notes that maybe helpful for others

Tiller:
Lift pin spacing is Narrow - just 21". Many SCUT sized implements are right around 27. I think quick hitches are made for ~27" spacing.
To use the 3 point arms and be able to connect the stabilizers, the arms have to be installed with shorter end on the tractor. There is a difference in length one way vs the other.
I neglected to measure exactly how high off the ground the 1025R lifts it - I'm guessing around 6-7" from the ground to lowest point on a tine
I cut 3.5" off the PTO to have enough room to hook it up. If you use a quick hitch - probably close to not needing to be cut much if at all.

Dolly - here's how I did it and what I'm still going to do

"H" shaped with 28" long 2x6 on the sides to support the tiller. Probably could have used 2x4. 2x4 cross brace mounted on bottom side of the 2x6 (bottom side is important). I currently have 46.5" between the 2x6's. I think 45.5" would be better - more 'wiggle' room and still no tine interference. Putting the 2x4 cross brace on the bottom of the 2x6's helps leave room for the tines which run lower than the shoes. Now - my shoes are still set at minimal depth, so I'm also going to layer on one more 2x on the sides to accommodate the tines after I set the shoes deeper and I know the lift height can clear another 1.5" easy. On the side with stand there is a stop block to prevent the stand from kicking out. I accidentally grabbed one non-swivel caster someone had mixed in at the homestore - that's why the back corner is sitting on a chunk of 4x6 post for now.

It was a real bear to hook up before getting the dolly under it.

Tiller n Dolly.jpg

I gave it a very quick test run - smooth and quiet. :good2:

Reactions: Jeff B and PJR832
1 - 18 of 18 Posts