Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a new post to continue my "Surplus Center site annoys me" thread...

I use my box blade to grade a 'V' shaped ditch, level an area, and spread out the spoil dirt. With the needle valve, I was able to adjust the tilt angle on the go without having to stop. The "top" and "tilt" speeds where matched, so it was drive very slow and use the joystick to get the desired results.

Had the tractor in the A range (lowest gear), didn't look much at the speed but guess it was around .2 MPH.

This is so sweet I could poot :thumbup1gif:.

Pete

·
Administrator
21,271 Posts
Good Pete, glad to here it's all working good for you.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm using a new post to continue my "Surplus Center site annoys me" thread...

I use my box blade to grade a 'V' shaped ditch, level an area, and spread out the spoil dirt. With the needle valve, I was able to adjust the tilt angle on the go without having to stop. The "top" and "tilt" speeds where matched, so it was drive very slow and use the joystick to get the desired results.

Had the tractor in the A range (lowest gear), didn't look much at the speed but guess it was around .2 MPH.

This is so sweet I could poot :thumbup1gif:.

Pete
Be careful Pete, that is a cloth seat:laugh:

Sounds like the correct approach, you will be able to gradually speed up the process with seat time. There is a definate learning curve to using a boxblade and it is far better to start off slowly making the minute adjustments. This equates to having a plan, driving forward and simply dragging the box behind you accomplishes little. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I acquired a new box blade this fall and I agree, it is going to take some "seat time" to get really comfortable with it. Glad it is working out for you Pete.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts