Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Gator CX for a little over 2 years, time to replace the low-vis HyGard. The brakes have been making noise lately under hard braking so hopefully this will help reduce or eliminate the noise. 127 hours on the meter.

Of course I only had 2.5 quarts on hand so I made a trip over to Deere today to pick up another gallon. CX calls for 3 quarts.

I did my engine oil and filter change on Sunday so at least that's already taken care of.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,116 Posts
Whoops, the CX uses low-vis HyGard someplace?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep rear transaxle. The CX doesn't have much clearance under the rear skid plate so I'm planning to back up onto Rhino ramps so my oil catch pan will fit underneath.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,116 Posts
Yep rear transaxle. The CX doesn't have much clearance under the rear skid plate so I'm planning to back up onto Rhino ramps so my oil catch pan will fit underneath.
I've never changed ours. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got this done today, very easy. The drained fluid didn't look terrible but definitely was used.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
A fluid change may reduce the brake growl/chatter a little. Deere sells a friction modifier called PEMO. A little added to your fresh oil will make a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts