Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We still get a cold day every so often but tomorrow it's time to get the 855 out and hook up the 5' rotary mower and do some ditch work this week end. It's also time to take the spring fork, roller, back blade and property trailer out side. I also have a potato hoe but it stays in the pole barn.

I'll have pictures tomorrow of the old rotary mower hooked up to the 855 and the rest of my implements, that 1991 John Deere rotary mower has went what would be like two wars and it still does a great job for me ... It's first job this season is coming up soon, first job will be mowing the ditches along the county road and the flats on both sides of the road down at the highway.

Here's a picture of main street small town America, North Judson Indiana, I bought gas there today. It's a nice clean, old country town with plenty of character and nice folks, we get our birthday cakes and bakery goods there, they have the best bakery around these parts.

North Judson also has a peppermint festival in June. Nothing quite like following behind a peppermint buggy with a just harvested load of peppermint on it's way to the steamer. The smell is absolutely wonderful.

I think old country towns rock. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures just need Andy, Barney, and Floyd to complete the image of a bygone time.
It feels like Mayberry driving through some of the old towns. It's a good thing for kids to see too. No big box stores or huge shopping centers, just small stores like it used to be in America.

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks kennyd, it's old but it still does the job. I need to do a repaint on the 855's fenders, hard to find the time though with all the things that need to get done. The first thing will be the mowing and then I have to spring fork the drive.. I have a small pile of slag but I think I'll need to order a load. I 'll see after the spring forks get done with the drive.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thanks for sharing. :good2:

Looks like you have a Simplicity project awaiting a start?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy it's a Montgomery Wards Squire 10, did Simplicity build them for Wards? I haven't started on the tractors history yet. I'm hoping to start on it by summer. It's built like a tank. :laugh:
Tackit,
I was taking a guess at the make of the tractor, getting old and feable, have to wear reading glassed now. Looks like quite the project. Here's an idea, I think it would look good green and yeller. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll keep green and yellow in mind, if it comes out real nice though I'll probably go with it's original colors. Ifi can't find parts and it turns out to be a Heinz 57 varitey machine green and yeller would be fine.:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts