Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watching Carvel's video about starting up his 1026r reminded me of this tip:

ALWAYS loop the extension cord through the steering wheel before plugging the heater or charger in so you remember to unplug it before driving away. For a regular vehicle (truck, car, motorcycle) loop it through the doorhandle, around a mirror, or around the handlebars.

This tip will save damage to extension cords and plugs
, yes...I have BTDT :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Funny, this morning I went to plug the truck in and just couldn't find the block heater plug. I know my eyes are getting worse, but I couldn't see it for nothing. I traced it from the engine to a torn frayed end on the frame. It must have got caught on in the belt when I tucked it in last spring.

Good tip for the tractor though. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Funny, this morning I went to plug the truck in and just couldn't find the block heater plug. I know my eyes are getting worse, but I couldn't see it for nothing. I traced it from the engine to a torn frayed end on the frame. It must have got caught on in the belt when I tucked it in last spring.
Check out the Marinco plug outlets. I have one on my truck, it's a watertight male 110 outlet. I put mine in the bumper, just plug the extension cord right into it.

Great tip, Kenny. Driving off and forgetting to unplug is no fun. :empathy:

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Well, it sounds like someone else has learned another "electrical lesson" the hard way!:laugh: I was lucky as the quick connector I installed to the battery quickly disconnected before I ran the wire over or worse. I also tied orange flagging tape along every 2' of wire between the box and the connector to keep from being "really stupid".:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
It's not all that uncommon to see a vehicle driving down the road in the wintertime in Alaska dragging an extension cord.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
It's not all that uncommon to see a vehicle driving down the road in the wintertime in Alaska dragging an extension cord.:lol:
Its very common in Alberta too. Most of us have done that from time to time. When I leave for work I unplug my truck then plug in my wife's car. I do like Kenny says, I loop the cord over the drivers mirror so she sees it getting into the car. She never plugged it in so she doesn't think about unplugging it.

Speaking of plugging in, I better head out to plug in the tractor. Don't know what I'll do now that the snow is cleared but I need my fix of diesel....:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts