Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2016 1025 FLB with H120 and quicktach. Today - on advise in this forum - I purchased the Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple and the Artillian 3rd function Hydraulics. I am asking that anyone that did this mating provide a list of additional materials they needed. In addition to that provided by EA and Artillian.

The grapple will have quicktach and be painted green. The Artillian will have the pigtail.

And in case you wonder, I didn't go all Artillian as I already have the John Deere high backed frame with 48" forks.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
You'll just need the correct length hoses, and 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" poppet style male couplers to interface with the diverter kit.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Which grapple did you get? Is it the 50" single or double lid. I have been leaning towards this same setup. We need pictures during the install. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
:munch:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well - I've been vacillating and called them back with a request and if they can't do the request a change of order.

So at first I ordered the new 55 inch dual cylinder. I have since called back and requested to change that to either the mini or the 50 inch.

I would like the mini - but I think it only fits orange tractors. We will see if they can mod it for my quicktach h120. I doubt they can. I'm waiting for the response. I suspect I will end up with the 50.

As far as the 50 verses the 55, they both look great. The videos on the website are fantastic. It's a hard decision. The 55 is lighter and more modern in design IMHO. If I were doing just brush and wood, I would buy the 55. But for moving all the rocks around my property, I think the fork and secure action of the 50 looks better that the grasp and lift action of the 55.

But it is cool to see a manufacturer with two radically different designs.

EA will put the right length hoses on the grapple to reach the 3r function fittings. Please tell me where they terminate on the Artillian kit.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well - I've been vacillating and called them back with a request and if they can't do the request a change of order.

So at first I ordered the new 55 inch dual cylinder. I have since called back and requested to change that to either the mini or the 50 inch.

I would like the mini - but I think it only fits orange tractors. We will see if they can mod it for my quicktach h120. I doubt they can. I'm waiting for the response. I suspect I will end up with the 50.

As far as the 50 verses the 55, they both look great. The videos on the website are fantastic. It's a hard decision. The 55 is lighter and more modern in design IMHO. If I were doing just brush and wood, I would buy the 55. But for moving all the rocks around my property, I think the fork and secure action of the 50 looks better that the grasp and lift action of the 55.

But it is cool to see a manufacturer with two radically different designs.

EA will put the right length hoses on the grapple to reach the 3r function fittings. Please tell me where they terminate on the Artillian kit.

Thank you.

Artillian couplers end up on the loader crossbar near the end of the right loader arm, there are pictures on their site.

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
My opinion: A 55" dual lid is to much for a 1025/H120. On the TBN site they said the new "clamshell" style will be made to fit the JDQA if that is the "mini" you are referring to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success

So, I followed everyone's tips here and the install was completely successful. The steps are:
1. Order the EA grapple without hydraulic connectors and longer hoses. Travis was my execellent salesman.
2. Order the Artillian/curtis kit. Nothing to tell them here.
3. Order two 3/8 female to 1/4 male adapter and two 1/4 mail hydraulic quick attach.

Install and have fun. Both vendors have quality stuff, quality support and are generally fine people.

Here are pics of my son in law and all the work. First pic is moving rocks. Second pic is ripping out huge Japanese Honeysuckles. Third pic is tractor stuck in muddy woods being pulled from it by a 12000# winch being held in place by the EA grapple.

It's fantastic. Grapples rule. And my mentors on GTT rule for helping me with this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures this time

It's pic testin moving rocks. 2nd pic, ripping out Japanese honeysuckle by its roots. 3rd pick, grapple hold winch retrieving tractor from woods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Looks great. You are having to much fun. Glad things worked out well for you. I have had my grapple for a week just waiting on the Artillian dirvertor. Be Safe

could we get some pictures of the hydraulic install???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures will be a few days.

I did not take pictures during the install unfortunately.

I will take a picture of where things ended up, but it will be the weekend as I'm traveling.

They really won't be any different than what Artillian has in the manual, but they will be in color. That may help.

The Artillian manual is adequate good. Color pictures would push to good. Line drawings would make it excellent.

When you get your package, it might be good for you to add to the picture collection too.

And also the "other" grapple you have coming.

Again - for everyone's help - I'm grateful.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I received my Artillian Diverter Kit last week. They are running behind with the transfer of ownership. It took about a month to receive it.

I ordered just the Diverter kit so I could install the wiring while I had the 1025R disassembled for the installation of the "Independent Lift" ,cab wiring and other aux wiring. I just got it all back together on Thursday of last week and installed the hydraulic portion on the FEL.

Here are some photos of the wiring. I have the backhoe, which includes the frame supplements. I routed and attached the wiring to the backhoe frame supplements. Initially, as depicted in the photos, I ran the wiring down the outside of the frame supplements. However, once I installed the rear tire, it looked as if the wiring could be potentially damaged if something stuck or wrapped around the tire or if tire chains were utilized and a crosslink broke loose. So I moved the wiring to the inside of the supplemental frame, which wasn't a big deal as I had originally drilled/tapped the supplemental frame for 8-32 machine screws to secure the tie wrap blocks.

I did cut off the excess length of the intermediate wiring cable rather than coil it up. They are Deustch connectors and I have the pins on hand from another PWC project.

I added a fuse, to the power distribution center, for the diverter. I detailed that and the cab wiring in another thread I authored.

The dealer will be out to pickup the 1025R in the next or day so for some warranty work (stripped footboard plates from the factory vastly over tightening the self tapping footboard bolts). I'll take some photos of the diverter hydraulics when the FEL is off, which will provide a much better camera angle.

So what exactly did you end up with from EA? Weight? Model and order options? JQDA compatible? Do you have an order number we could refer Travis to simplify our orders?

DSCF1783.jpg

DSCF1784.jpg

DSCF1785.jpg

DSCF1786.jpg

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Here are photos of the Artillian Diverter hydraulics installed on a H120 FEL. The hoses from the diverter to the footboard Quick Disconnects could be a couple inches longer. For that reason, I held the valve assembly down as far as I could on the FEL frame leg, just above the OEM hose guide.

DSCF1801.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

DSCF1803.jpg

DSCF1804.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reference order and freebie.

For those that asked, the reference order that would mirror my order is 56434. Travis also offered a free upgrade to John Deere quick-tach that reference the order. I would still ask for that.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Can you also share where you sourced the adapters and the Quick Disconnects? My eyes have glazed over from all the different types of QDs. Other than 1/4", I'm not sure what Artillian utilized.

Some engineer must have defected from electrical connector design to hydraulics. I thought it was only electrical connectors where there are literally 100s that have the same design specs and do the same thing.......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you also share where you sourced the adapters and the Quick Disconnects? My eyes have glazed over from all the different types of QDs. Other than 1/4", I'm not sure what Artillian utilized.

Some engineer must have defected from electrical connector design to hydraulics. I thought it was only electrical connectors where there are literally 100s that have the same design specs and do the same thing.......
Amazon in this case. Very standard. But I understand what you mean. I'm actually a P.E. mechanical Engineer, but my hat is off to all these agricultural hydraulic guys and their knowledge of the field.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Dah! I see Kenny posted earlier in this thread they are the AG style. I'm going to call Travis at EA next.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Here is what I ordered to adapt the EA grapple lines to the Artillian Diverter Quick Couplers:

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/ag2f2.htm

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=5405-04-06&Submit=Search

Having Chief Scientist's Order Reference number made ordering the grapple a snap. Travis referred to it as the Green Tractor Talk grapple order. Are they a site sponsor?

Well, next it is back to Artillian to order forks.

I wish I would have none known Fishbait was a chopper pilot in Vietnam. I would have given up on keeping up with the Jones. I learned my lesson with Vietnam pilots and crew chiefs. Years ago, my best friend was a three tour helicopter pilot and one of my employees a former crew chief. It was just plain dangerous to my wallet when the two of them were together, no matter what, I was buying. They cited their southeast Asia experience and expertise of "out fumbling".

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You really should have "poppet" style nipples rather than the "ball" ones shown in that picture. Sometimes they play well together, sometimes not.

DHH is not a advertiser here.
Kenny,

I searched for ISO 5675 couplers, as you specified in Post #2 of this thread, and that is what I ordered. So what ISO series should I be seeking? They have a chart download here:

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Quick_Couplers_s/59.htm

The question as to if they were a site supporter was in reference to Every Thing Attachments. Are they? If not, I'll email them a note of encouragement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts