Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of tire chains for 1025R rear tire size 26x12x12. The box says they fit 26x12x12 or 27X12x12. The only way to tighten the chains is to go past the first two cross chains. In order for them to fit correctly it appears that you have to shorten the chains by two cross chains. Can anyone tell me is that normal to have to shorten the chains or should they fit right out of box.
I do not want to start shortening a set of new expensive chains and find out I screwed up. An help or suggestions appreciated.

They fit fine as long I hook them past the first two cross chains

Thank You in advance

·
Registered
967 Posts
How about a photo or two. It would better explain with a view to evaluate.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
In 2008 I ordered a set of chains from Tirechain.com for the rear of our 2320 and IIRC I had to remove 2 cross links. I also had them install 5/16" cross chains on their 3/8" chain set.

If you remove the cross links leave 2 extra side chain links on the out side, installation will be way easier.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I purchased a set of tire chains for 1025R rear tire size 26x12x12. The box says they fit 26x12x12 or 27X12x12. The only way to tighten the chains is to go past the first two cross chains. In order for them to fit correctly it appears that you have to shorten the chains by two cross chains. Can anyone tell me is that normal to have to shorten the chains or should they fit right out of box.
I do not want to start shortening a set of new expensive chains and find out I screwed up. An help or suggestions appreciated.

They fit fine as long I hook them past the first two cross chains

Thank You in advance
Yup! Just get them set and remove the extra cross links, that's what I did and ran them all last year! :thumbup1gif:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I had to shorten my rear and front chain's to fit. Also remember to put the chain tensioner on. They are the 5 spring on a circle that keeps the chain tight on the tire.
I ran them all last year and just put them back on last week end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts