Green Tractor Talk banner

Tire Chains

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  rtgt 
I got chains for my 3039R at tire chain.com. If you have R4 rears, you will need 15-19.5 size chains.

I have the non-studded version of these (I don’t see the non-studded ones on the web site at the moment):

They have excellent grip, and the ride quality is the best of any tire chains I have ever had because of the pattern. However, they are far more difficult to install than conventional chains, also because of the pattern.

They fit fine on my 3039R without requiring wheel spacers, contrary to what some have said elsewhere.

Due to the installation difficulties with mine, if I were to get new chains I would probably go with a more conventional 2-link style such as these:

I also have 2-link chains for my front tires, but haven’t really found them necessary except just once. With just the rear chains I have plenty of traction for my front blower and rear blade, even on moderate slopes. The time I really needed the front chains was just once when I needed to use the blower in a situation where I had to go down a relatively steep slope and then back out. Fortunately I had the front chains on or I would have been stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.