Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching and I am not having much luck finding chain recommendations. Anyone know of a good heavy duty chain that doesn't require modification for the rear tires? I have a 1025r FILB.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Did some searching and I am not having much luck finding chain recommendations. Anyone know of a good heavy duty chain that doesn't require modification for the rear tires? I have a 1025r FILB.

This is what I used. I did cut out a little bit of the tail just to keep them from whacking something vital on the insides, left the outside long. Just be sure you have your air pressures up.

Worked really good! They are a peerless brand.

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Registered
310 Posts
Tire chains.com is good but be prepared to remove about three3 cross links from ea tire.
The cross link hooks are not hardened but the extra chain left over is.

Sent from the mountains

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Deere sells chains for 1025.
Maybe check with Green Farm Parts in vendor section to check their price.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Sorry. Kind of vague. With their chains?
I bought Deere chains last year before a big blizzard we never wound up getting.
I think they are fine. I just put them on for this season.
Got a long driveway with a lot of ice build up cause it's through the woods and gravel. Doesn't get a lot of sun.
I'm sure they speced them out pretty good. Even though I believe they are imports.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tire chains.com is good but be prepared to remove about three3 cross links from ea tire.
The cross link hooks are not hardened but the extra chain left over is.
If your driveway is gravel, I would recommend getting the 2-Link V-Bar chains. I have the backhoe with R4 tires and do not have any issues with clearance.

Mr. Moose

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55
1 - 10 of 10 Posts