Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mow some hill that are about 15 degrees. I saw a guy useing this v thread tire and I liked it.
They are Carlisle AT101 they work well on the side of the hill and down. The steering is more sensitive I think because of less slippage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I must admit, I do like those Scags.
Those tires look like they would deliver more forward and reverse traction than side traction, but you say they hold side hills pretty good eh?

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must admit, I do like those Scags.
Those tires look like they would deliver more forward and reverse traction than side traction, but you say they hold side hills pretty good eh?
I didn't see any diffance in riding along the side of the hill, It did make a big diffance in going up and down the hill.
No sliding that can give you a feeling if insecurity.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Old Pa-pa
11,972 Posts
I've thought of getting those for a little more traction than the turf tires it came with, then I think the leaving a divot
potential on a quick turn would really increase.

Every now and then, when not paying attention to keep both wheels moving, I leave a divot with the turf tires. :banghead:

Reactions: Gizmo2 and JKR

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've thought of getting those for a little more traction than the turf tires it came with, then I think the leaving a divot
potential on a quick turn would really increase.

Every now and then, when not paying attention to keep both wheels moving, I leave a divot with the turf tires. :banghead:
If you saw my lawn you could probably put as many divots in it as you wanted without even changing the ambience of the homestead...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This type of "bar" tire is the type tire I have seen on most all of the Grasshopper ZTR's I see in my area (Carlisle, Pa.). I actually did demo a Grasshopper 930D this past week. This ZTR had that very same tire on it and yes, it did make a divot when doing the turn. I was trying to be careful but even so, I still managed to "bare" the ground. I'm thinking the more this tire wears the "crisp" edge along both sides to the bar will eventually round over and make it less severe to the turf when turning. Grasshopper front mounted mower deck machines have different attachments that can connect to the front of the machine with the mower deck removed - I think maybe this tire is an advantage to those attachments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts