1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 JD 2038r
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2038r with R4 tires I do mostly mowing as I have 2 homes with
4 acres apiece. I do not like the R4’s as they are rough on r
the turf. What is the difference between R3 radials and R14’s ??
Other tha from a dealer( $$$ ) where can I buy tires and wheels to
replace the R4’sthat are on my 2038r ??

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
What is the difference between R3 radials and R14’s
Edit-Just saw that you were asking about the r14's. I don't think they are radials.

The main thing that'll stop you from just buying the tires is the rim size difference. If you want to go with the radials you'll have to buy all new rims.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Reactions: 126564

·
Super Moderator
7,090 Posts
I had R14s on my 3e tractor, they're awesome tires. Double check, but I don't think Titan makes them in the correct size for the front on the 2r series tractors.
This is technically correct. The "R14": moniker appears to be owned by Titan. But there are Galaxy Garden Pro tires that have a "R14-;like" tread pattern and come in radials that will fit the Gen 2 2-series machines. You'll need proper wheels to make them work.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The so-called R14s on the Kubota B are Good Year. Haven't used them enough to tell how they are relative to the (since 2013) troublefree R4s nor ride/grip differences.

Had R3 turfs on the 4010 for 9 years. They tear up grass in turns more than R4s. R4s don't have much side grip.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What is the difference between R3 radials and R14’s ??
Other tha from a dealer( $$$ ) where can I buy tires and wheels to
replace the R4’sthat are on my 2038r ??
The main differences are that 1) R14s are bias ply, the R3 radials are... radial and 2) the R14s are going to be more aggressive due to less overall surface area.

The wheels are what's going to cost you either way. They don't make a front R14T in the correct size to fit the factory rim on the 2R, and the R3 radials are a different size than the R4s. You can get new rims and R14s from some industrial tire places, but I think you can only get the R3 radials at the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,090 Posts
The main differences are that 1) R14s are bias ply...
R14s are available in both bias ply and radial. They aren't available in both in all sizes but saying
"R14s are bias ply" is false.

·
Premium Member
10,581 Posts
I have a 2038r with R3’s and for turf I have no issues. I mow in 2 wheel drive and have some tight trees to go around and it does not tear it up. The side walls are going to be lighter for loader work. Somebody can correct me but I thought the R3’s and R4’s shared rim sizes.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Somebody can correct me but I thought the R3’s and R4’s shared rim sizes.
You're correct.

The r3 turf and r4 are the same size. Not r3 radials though.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
10,581 Posts
Thanks Big. That’s what I meant but should have clarified. With all the other R# tires out there I keep forgetting that they call the Radials R3’s as well.

Reactions: Big

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.