Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to change valve stems to metal when filling tires with washer fluid. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
739 Posts
I filled mine with ww fluid 3 years ago still on original rubber stems... no problems so far

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I put RV antifreeze in my rear tires a couple years ago and left the rubber stems. No problems and don't really expect any.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had tubes put in when I had my tires filled. with beet juice

G

·
Registered
139 Posts
I filled my rears with windshield washer fluid. Rubber stems. did it like the you tube video on the Kubota.

No probs thus far.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
No, but a high quality valve stem is nice to have...........and some of the better built valve stems happen to be metal. Main thing is you want the core to remove easily and thread nicely and sometimes, the metal valve stems seem to "function better", but I wouldn't say its a requirement.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
"Do you have to"....No!!! The question is, are the valve stems that are in your tractor tires now good for both air and liquid. Probably not it the tires were filled with air.

So, yes your valve stems SHOULD be changed to valve stems that are good for liquid and air if you are going to liquid fill your tires. These valve stems will usually be stainless. Now, that doesn't mean your current valve stems will fail. They could!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, but a high quality valve stem is nice to have...........and some of the better built valve stems happen to be metal. Main thing is you want the core to remove easily and thread nicely and sometimes, the metal valve stems seem to "function better", but I wouldn't say its a requirement.
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Do you have to"....No!!! The question is, are the valve stems that are in your tractor tires now good for both air and liquid. Probably not it the tires were filled with air.

So, yes your valve stems SHOULD be changed to valve stems that are good for liquid and air if you are going to liquid fill your tires. These valve stems will usually be stainless. Now, that doesn't mean your current valve stems will fail. They could!!
Thanks for the input

1 - 12 of 12 Posts