Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,

Wanted to reach out to my fellow green machine operators and get an idea of what others are doing relative to their tire pressure with the “new” R3 radials, especially for loader work.

I currently am running 24 PSI on all four for mowing as my yard is quite bumpy. The reduced pressure seems to help out quite a bit dampening the jarring of the machine.

When I run my loader, I increase all four tires per the manual to 35 PSI. I notice minimum sidewall deflection.

What are you folks doing? Running 35 PSI all the time? Do you over-air as we used to on bias ply tires?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am running lower on the rear than front. I think I was at 18 in the rear and 25+ in the front. I need to double check.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I am running lower on the rear than front. I think I was at 18 in the rear and 25+ in the front. I need to double check.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I tend to do the same, about 15 to thirty in the front depending upon the job at hand and about 20-22 rear. Radials tend to collapse all of a sudden which can be dangerous. If you wish a softer ride just let some air out.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
I don't run R3 radials, R4's here. But, I run 16 lbs in the rears because we always run the air pressure the same as the tire size in rears, it's that way on all of our tractors. I run 40 lbs in the fronts all the time, I'm not a fan of changing air pressures, I may get done mowing and suddenly decide to to some FEL work. Not something I want to constantly think about, but that's just me.
I know the radials have different recommendations, but the concept is the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Revivng an older thread..
My 2038r with the R4 tires call for 29 LBS in all 4 tires. To me, that sounds high for the rear
When I checked my (new) tractor this week, The fronts had 32 or 33 LBS and the rears only had 15 LBS.
So I set them all to 28 to 30.
I can't really say I feel a difference.
What are your thoughts on tire press?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After a year or so I replicated what I do on my bias tires on my 655 but a little different: 24 in the fronts and 17 in the rears on my 2025R with radials seems to afford a good cut, light loader “work”, minimal pain in the rear and no odd marks in my lawn. If I’m using the loader for anything heavy or actual work I air up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChuckMeyer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts