Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in a search.

As some of you know, I just installed Jethro's new rear tire/wheel assemblies. The recommended PSI is 22. When I checked with my tire gauge, they registered 19 PSI. I usually keep the PSI lower on my sports cars for better traction. What do you recommend for my new tractor tires? Should I add more air? I only drive him on grass with some hilly slopes ... and sometimes on the sidewalk and street, but not for very long distances (less than 100 yards).

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,724 Posts
I'd run the 22 psi

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sorry! I'd love to add my details to my signature and an avatar pic., but don't see anywhere to do it. Jethro is an L118. He has 20x10-8 on the rear, which has a recommended 22 PSI.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,724 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
There is no real reason to run at anything other than the recommended PSI on a lawn mower. There are no advantages to running at any other pressure but a few disadvantages to running either to high or to low.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I run 10 pounds in the rear tires of my X580. Softer ride, much better grip. I think 14 or 15 in fronts. Can’t remember. It’s a lawn mower, not a weight bearing tractor. I never had a problem running low pressures on mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Keith and Stan! I got my signature added. Now if I can only figure out how to get the pix from my iPhone to my laptop. I can transfer pix from my laptop to my iPhone, but can't find any pix on my iPhone when I sync to my laptop. :unknown:

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Thanks, Keith and Stan! I got my signature added. Now if I can only figure out how to get the pix from my iPhone to my laptop. I can transfer pix from my laptop to my iPhone, but can't find any pix on my iPhone when I sync to my laptop. :unknown:
You can email the picture to yourself and post it that way......from one device to the other. That's how I have always gotten my phone pictures to my computer and I don't use my phone for GTT or any internet stuff, I don't like the way GTT appears on the phone verses laptop or other computer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for your input, Yank! I used to autocross ... on slicks with lower pressure ... the stickier, the better. With my current sports cars, I use wider, lower profile tires with slightly less PSI than recommended for better handling. I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm just wondering whether the same applies to lawn tractors. Slightly lower PSI, better traction? I worry about traction on the hilly areas in my yard. I have about 1 acre and it can be pretty steep in some areas.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You can email the picture to yourself and post it that way......from one device to the other. That's how I have always gotten my phone pictures to my computer and I don't use my phone for GTT or any internet stuff, I don't like the way GTT appears on the phone verses laptop or other computer.
I tried that also, Mr. Bear. I don't use my iPhone for email - only my laptop, and none of the emails show up. Real bummer!

Edit: When I send an email of a pic. from my iPhone, it doesn't show up when I log into my email on my laptop.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I tried that also, Mr. Bear. I don't use my iPhone for email - only my laptop, and none of the emails show up. Real bummer!

Edit: When I send an email of a pic. from my iPhone, it doesn't show up when I log into my email on my laptop.

I wondered who was sending me those emails with pics. Now I know.:mocking:

Seriously, sending from the phone to computer using email is the best and easiest way. If I have a bunch, then I hook them together via USB cable. Remember that you have to save the pic from the email to your computer before you can find it on your computer. Since I see you are using an iPhone, then you might be using a Mac computer. If so all bets are off. I have a friend who has both and it seems like at least once a week, she is making a trip to the Apple store to get something working again. I had to go to her place last week to fix her printer issues but I can't fix her Mac or iPhone issues, although I can fix pretty much any Android or Windows issues.

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wondered who was sending me those emails with pics. Now I know.:mocking:

Seriously, sending from the phone to computer using email is the best and easiest way. If I have a bunch, then I hook them together via USB cable. Remember that you have to save the pic from the email to your computer before you can find it on your computer. Since I see you are using an iPhone, then you might be using a Mac computer. If so all bets are off. I have a friend who has both and it seems like at least once a week, she is making a trip to the Apple store to get something working again. I had to go to her place last week to fix her printer issues but I can't fix her Mac or iPhone issues, although I can fix pretty much any Android or Windows issues.

Dave
Haha! Actually, I have a Dell laptop and the Apple is my 1st smartphone, which I haven't had that long. I didn't have any problems syncing my iPod, but for some reason, I'm having lots of trouble with my iPhone - perhaps because of the iCloud backup crap. If that is something you can help me with, I'd truly appreciate it. :hi:

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Haha! Actually, I have a Dell laptop and the Apple is my 1st smartphone, which I haven't had that long. I didn't have any problems syncing my iPod, but for some reason, I'm having lots of trouble with my iPhone - perhaps because of the iCloud backup crap. If that is something you can help me with, I'd truly appreciate it. :hi:
I do this with my iPad and iPhone along with my PC all the time.

Download iCloud for Windows and set it up. When I take a pic with my iPad or iPhone, and am within my home WiFi, the pic shows up in my PC within a minute. Of course you need to enable iCloud on your phone or tablet.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

1 - 20 of 33 Posts