Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while performing a general inspection my 1025R, I picked up on an impending significant problem. The left front tire was rubbing the hydraulic hose for the power steering...see pics. When turned all the way to left, the left front tire significantly contacts the hose. Right now the outer "rubberized" coating is worn off exposing the metal shielding. BTW...about 87 hours on tractor.

Anyone else having this problem??? Did I possibly loose a clip holding the hose out of the way???

I already contacted dealer, and they are going to pick up and replace. My further concern is without repositioning of the hose, this will be a continuing issue. Any insight appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I've got the same issue. Just had the hose replaced by dealer yesterday. The tractors on the dealers lot have a twist in this hose from the factory. The service guy tried to put the same twist in mine but he didn't like how it put a good bit of strain on the ends of the hard lines. Here's a couple pictures of mine after the hose was replaced.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407601022.132752.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407601035.877280.jpg

The service guy put a zip ties around the two hoses to remedy the issue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407601123.192346.jpg

One thing also to look out for is the left front tire hitting the port on the steering cylinder. With the front wheels turned all the way left there is very little space between the tire and the port. You can see this port in my first picture. The service tech and I wondered why the ports on the cylinder aren't on top of the cylinder instead of the back. Deere has a DTAC for the issue according to service tech. The fix is to put a sticky back lead block on the stop for the left wheel so that the wheels don't turn as far left and thus don't hit the port.

Good luck

Tony

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
657 Posts
Seems like most all of the tractor manufactures have hose routing problems of some kind. My guess is that the guys designing these things have NEVER operated one or if they have, it was in a straight line only. It just isn't that hard to do it right, really doesn't even cost any more money, but they continue to do it wrong. :banghead:

Again, this is not just this model and not just JD, but all the manufactures seem to have these types of problems. :cookoo:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Seems like most all of the tractor manufactures have hose routing problems of some kind. My guess is that the guys designing these things have NEVER operated one or if they have, it was in a straight line only. It just isn't that hard to do it right, really doesn't even cost any more money, but they continue to do it wrong. :banghead:

Again, this is not just this model and not just JD, but all the manufactures seem to have these types of problems. :cookoo:
Agree completely. The service guy that replaced the hose on mine, his best buddy is an engineer. He gives him crap about some of the engineering flaws with stuff in general. In his buddies defense, he admitted he never sees the finished product until a customer complains.

Why are the hoses so long on the steering cylinder on a 1 series?? Why do the hard lines running to the steering angle down instead of being straight or angle in toward the center of the tractor?? Why are the ports on the steering cylinder not on the top of the cylinder instead of the back?? All questions the service tech and I came up with in about five minutes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Yes...I saw that thread previously as well...appreciate it. Similar, my hose though is rubbing on the tire, and Myasis's is rubbing on fitting of neighboring hose.
Mine is, or was rubbing on the L bracket going into the cylinder. My quick fix was 2 zip ties. One to lift it up and another to keep it in place. Don't like the look so I'll be looking into tying the two together as in the picture and see if it works for me. If not I can always go back to what I've got now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I just turned the 90° fitting on the cylinder 1/8 of a turn clockwise and it moved the hose enough to clear. Dealer replaced the hose under warranty no problem. Its an $80 hose!

IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts