Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently found this site and have been reading lots. My problem is I have an old AR that needs a new rear tire. Size is 13-26. Anybody know what that turns into with todays sizes? I was told 13.6-26 and was also told 14.9-26. I don't want the tires to be too small for the tractor and don't want to spend that kind of money and not like it. Thanks for any input.

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
:wgtt:

One of our site supporting vendors Miller tire has a chart and explains the different tires sizes and what they mean. :thumbup1gif:

They also have their own sub-forum here and you can ask them questions directly.:good2: I'm sure you'll find them super helpful and friendly.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
:wgtt:

One of our site supporting vendors Miller tire has a chart and explains the different tires sizes and what they mean. :thumbup1gif:

They also have their own sub-forum here and you can ask them questions directly.:good2: I'm sure you'll find them super helpful and friendly.
They are good people. I was at their WHSE this summer picking up some tires. Who would have thought that a tractor tire WHSE would have been out in the middle of a corn field.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 13.6x26 on my '53 AR, they look good with 6.00x16 up front. Likely shouldve been 6.50's but it seems to sit level. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, I work our of town a lot & seems thats when I'm on these sites. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yeah, Miller was the first company that came to mind before I read any replies. Have sent some business their way more than once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, got a lead on a used tire which I will be chasing this weekend. As long as it's decent it will be cheaper than two new ones, (I hate replacing only one, looks funny). Time will tell.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i would hit the farm auctions, you can usually find descent tires, cheap, and if you dont like them, go to another auction.

Side note/tip: I have learned that my photographic memory is not nearly photographic as i used to think...pre-"smart" phone days, i carried a little laminated card with ALL my tractor trailer etc tire sizes as well as serial numbers for all my tractors. the serial numbers are because who knows, i may find the consecutive serial number tractor in a junk pile...since i have a "smart" phone now, i have all that on a document on my phone.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
i would hit the farm auctions, you can usually find descent tires, cheap, and if you dont like them, go to another auction.

Side note/tip: I have learned that my photographic memory is not nearly photographic as i used to think...pre-"smart" phone days, i carried a little laminated card with ALL my tractor trailer etc tire sizes as well as serial numbers for all my tractors. the serial numbers are because who knows, i may find the consecutive serial number tractor in a junk pile...since i have a "smart" phone now, i have all that on a document on my phone.
I have a spark plug/oil type list on my phone for the equipment we have. Comes in real handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts