Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(If this is posted in the wrong area please let me know or feel free to move)

I got tired of hauling 5 gallon jugs after the last jug started leaking.

Northern Tool to the rescue - 50 Gallon 2' x 2' transfer fuel tank and a pump, a little 2x6, 4x6 and 6" 600lb wheels from Harbor Freight and away we go... To get fuel now, I just use bucket forklift attachments to forklift into the truck... :)

I collected general ideas around GTT and want to thank everyone.

image-20190810_141305.jpg

image-20190809_210652.jpg

image-20190809_210636.jpg

image-20190809_210628.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tractor supply or a parts store should have a housing for a filter/water sperator that you can plumb into the pump and the hose comes off the housing, "Fill Rite" makes them. then for the handle get a inline swivel best money I spent. Mine is in the truck tho.
The filter would keep any water or trash out of your tractor.. Don't forget extra filters..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tractor supply or a parts store should have a housing for a filter/water sperator that you can plumb into the pump and the hose comes off the housing, "Fill Rite" makes them. then for the handle get a inline swivel best money I spent. Mine is in the truck tho.
The filter would keep any water or trash out of your tractor.. Don't forget extra filters..
Yes - Next on the list!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,408 Posts
I'm in need of a hookup like that, with 2 diesel tractors and a diesel Z turn, them 5 gallon jugs are getting mighty heavy.

Good work!! :good2::good2:

Been debating between a 12 volt electric pump like yours or a gravity feed system up on a 6 - 8 foot stand.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
That's a great looking fuel caddy. I need a loader so I can have one :laugh:

If you end up getting frustrated with those casters take a look at Caster Depot, specifically Colson Casters.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's a nice looking setup.

Being an el cheapo DIY guy that has a diesel generator for backup power I went with simple 55 gallon oil drums and a $65 pump off eBay. I am fortunate to have a local supplier that only has a 60 gallon minimum on local delivery so I just have them bring the off road diesel to me and fill the drums. Fuel costs abut the same as on road pump price but I don't have to go get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,446 Posts
That's a nice looking setup.

Being an el cheapo DIY guy that has a diesel generator for backup power I went with simple 55 gallon oil drums and a $65 pump off eBay. I am fortunate to have a local supplier that only has a 60 gallon minimum on local delivery so I just have them bring the off road diesel to me and fill the drums. Fuel costs abut the same as on road pump price but I don't have to go get it.

I may have asked you this before...

What for diesel generator do you have? A permanent or portable?

I’m dying to get a small diesel generator as I store diesel - right now I have 1000 gallons in one tank and 60 in the other. But I only need 7500 watts or so - all small diesel units under 10k watts look like junk. I just don’t need anything bigger than that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I may have asked you this before...

What for diesel generator do you have? A permanent or portable?

I’m dying to get a small diesel generator as I store diesel - right now I have 1000 gallons in one tank and 60 in the other. But I only need 7500 watts or so - all small diesel units under 10k watts look like junk. I just don’t need anything bigger than that.
I picked up a Military Surplus MEP-803A back before the auction prices went nuts. Before I would pay the prices they have been selling for the last couple of years I would look at the offerings at Hardy. Make sure and look over the options for exhaust and enclosure. Most of that could be fabbed from the home and auto supply stores.

Perkins Diesel Generators* Made in USA with pride

·
Registered
21,446 Posts
I picked up a Military Surplus MEP-803A back before the auction prices went nuts. Before I would pay the prices they have been selling for the last couple of years I would look at the offerings at Hardy. Make sure and look over the options for exhaust and enclosure. Most of that could be fabbed from the home and auto supply stores.

Perkins Diesel Generators* Made in USA with pride
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts