Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my question. I blew up the original front tire R4 on Betsy. Took it to the tire shop and it will hold air but the actual tire is coming apart and nothing can be done but replace it.

So as a temp I have these other tires I can swap out til I get my new ones ordered.

The rims that the other tires are on are different than what Betsy is running now. I am not going to be using her much for the next week it looks like.

The tire shop said I shouldn't use the nad tire and I only put it back on so I can get her out of garage if I need to.

Thoughts??
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

How do you like that? These tires have held up to almost 7 years of abuse! I have nothing bad to say about these R4 tires! I am hard on Betsy and it was a rock and the angle that got us.

Owell! Im getting the versa to replace all of them.

Ttyl!
WB馃殰馃嚭馃嚥

Registered
You got your money's worth out of those R4's!

Registered
Heres my question. I blew up the original front tire R4 on Betsy. Took it to the tire shop and it will hold air but the actual tire is coming apart and nothing can be done but replace it.

So as a temp I have these other tires I can swap out til I get my new ones ordered.

The rims that the other tires are on are different than what Betsy is running now. I am not going to be using her much for the next week it looks like.

The tire shop said I shouldn't use the nad tire and I only put it back on so I can get her out of garage if I need to.

Thoughts?? View attachment 799360 View attachment 799361 View attachment 799365 View attachment 799366 View attachment 799367
How do you like that? These tires have held up to almost 7 years of abuse! I have nothing bad to say about these R4 tires! I am hard on Betsy and it was a rock and the angle that got us.

Owell! Im getting the versa to replace all of them.

Ttyl!
WB馃殰馃嚭馃嚥
In earlier days many of us would have headed to the first tire store we could find and tubed up that R4.

I'd not want to do a thousand mile road trip but I would be pretty confident running a tubed SCUT tire for a while.

Registered
I'd run that in a heartbeat. I tubed the left front R4 on my 2005 4720 that had a big gouge in the sidewall ; It's still the biggest, baddest tractor on the property. The IH sitting in the weeds and trees up the hollow that hasn't ran in 40+ years has no counter claim,

Brian

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tire having a tube to hold air isnt the problem. It holds air just fine. My problem is the tire twisted out of shape and wont go back to its original shape. Tire guy broke it off the rim and put it back on. He pumped it up to 30lbs to try to get it round again. Tire didn't budge... 馃槥

Lol I would run the rest of the tread off it if it would have gone back to its original shape.

Not sure if you can see in the picture the split that is going on across the tire?

Registered
The tire having a tube to hold air isnt the problem. It holds air just fine. My problem is the tire twisted out of shape and wont go back to its original shape. Tire guy broke it off the rim and put it back on. He pumped it up to 30lbs to try to get it round again. Tire didn't budge... 馃槥

Lol I would run the rest of the tread off it if it would have gone back to its original shape.

Not sure if you can see in the picture the split that is going on across the tire?
We're just busting on you, lol!

Looks like some pretty serious tread separation going on there. Sooner or later I'd suspect the tread will chunk off the carcass in huge pieces.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you are! A little bump is alright but its a little harder to finish grade with a square tire. Though I am going to see what it does before i take it off . Curiousity killed me too!
WB
馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
I was surprised to see half the new 1025r's at the dealer yesterday when I was there, had Versa Turfs on them. One other had turf tires and the rest had R4's. I will admit I wasn't expecting to see the new machines with Versa turfs for "dealer inventory" and not special ordered. But they were there............

I love my Versa Turfs. I really pushed them today and no problems. Biggest issue I am now having is when I type it, I keep typing Versa Turds instead of turfs. After all, the "F" and the "D" are right next to one another................Trust me, it's a typing error, not my subliminal thoughts on the tire............. ;)

Premium Member
Jason I doubt you鈥檒l have any major ruptures if you鈥檙e just pulling it in and out of your garage. I would suggest just maintaining a low pressure that is enough to keep it seated on the tire bead and out of 4WD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.