Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon I was wondering if anyone has tried the Kendra Terra Trac tires on a 1026 type tractor yet?
this is my history ,30 years ago my round fendered 110 with shinny tires went every where always had traction winter or summer , mowing or plowing.
since moving up 1st 210 then 318 then 332 then 455 now 1026r traction has never been the same . last year with a gravel drive way, edge tamers
and r4 tires traction wasn't to bad this season on dirt doing loader work with the r4s traction was great. This year with 47 blower and newly paved driveway the first snow was pretty greasy and I had trouble on inclines . my 455 at work has turf tires and chains did good even in that grease snow .
Chains at the new house are not an option so there you have my dilemma .
ps I do have a weight box and my suite case weights and other weight is in it.
DOES any one suggest loading my r4s before changing tires ?

Thank you all in advance and Happy holidays

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The Kendas would probably work a bit better in snow than the R4s, but you lose some load capacity Im sure.

Have you thought of grooving the R4s?
Lots of guys here swear by it, saying they can do things even without the diff lock that required MFWD before.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re groover

The Kendas would probably work a bit better in snow than the R4s, but you lose some load capacity Im sure.

Lots of guys here swear by it, saying they can do things even without the diff lock that required MFWD before.
do you know of pictures of what seems to work?
Thank you

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Did your 110 have R1 Ag tires on it????

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I use advanced search and saw all you spoke of I'm going to groove my tires
thank you

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Good afternoon I was wondering if anyone has tried the Kendra Terra Trac tires on a 1026 type tractor yet?
this is my history ,30 years ago my round fendered 110 with shinny tires went every where always had traction winter or summer , mowing or plowing.
since moving up 1st 210 then 318 then 332 then 455 now 1026r traction has never been the same . last year with a gravel drive way, edge tamers
and r4 tires traction wasn't to bad this season on dirt doing loader work with the r4s traction was great. This year with 47 blower and newly paved driveway the first snow was pretty greasy and I had trouble on inclines . my 455 at work has turf tires and chains did good even in that grease snow .
Chains at the new house are not an option so there you have my dilemma .
ps I do have a weight box and my suite case weights and other weight is in it.
DOES any one suggest loading my r4s before changing tires ?

Thank you all in advance and Happy holidays
Loading R-4's will not help you on snow unless you chain up. Yes there are some on here that have switched to HDAP type tires with great success. When my R-4's wear out that is what I'm going with.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Loading R-4's will not help you on snow unless you chain up. Yes there are some on here that have switched to HDAP type tires with great success. When my R-4's wear out that is what I'm going with.
I'm thinking like this too, R4's are not the best without chains, but if you are plowing on the level you should have no trouble. My driveway is gravel and not exactly flat and I could do it without chains and R4's, but no way I could plow up to the machinery shed without chains.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The problem with R4 tires is that they're a hard compound tire and when it gets cold they turn into hockey pucks.One member here put HDAP's on,I swear by them,I have them on both tractors and are great in the snow.
New HDAP tires for my 1025R

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
R4's are double edged sword. I need that hard tire when I'm in the woods for sure. Around the house stuff, yes it would be nice to have a softer tire.
I can't justify the cost of another set of tires and wheels.
Personally, my R4's work really well in the winter. I do indeed run chains too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts