Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
20,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody recommend a manufacturer or model of tire for my 60? I'll never wear out a set in my lifetime. I'm looking for 13.6-38's and two 12" double bevel rims. I can get the front rib tires here at TSC. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on this. To tell the truth, the tires are my number one reason why I don't have it running yet. I figured about $2-2.5k on rims and tires. I thought about used, but can't find any. If some amazingly show up on CL, they're gone already. Someone told me to get a 23 degree tire if I wanted to enter antique pulls with this tractor.

Thanks for your input. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Put a set of I beilve 16.4/34s on a 620 that I am restoring ( Not my tractor) last year, they are Firestones and seem to fit the bill for a 2 cylinder. Firestone and Carlisle is who I would look at and in that order. Can say I have a lot of experience with good year, but from hearing horror stories of pickup tires failing, I will stick with my Michelins on the Truck not sure how their ag tires are doing. Always has good luck with Firestone and Carlisle Ag tires.

·
Administrator
20,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG

Maybe I don't really need new rims. A coat of paint might do the trick! :lol::laugh::crazy:

I was looking at the Firestone road and field tires. Can anybody recommend a location to buy?

·
Administrator
20,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can I find Belle Tire?

·
Administrator
20,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plenty of tire places, but none that fit my budget...:gaah:
I did find a "discount" tire place, but their cheap tire are ones you don't want, i.e. Chinese.:rocket:
I've never met a good Chinese tire:snipersmilie:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just learned tonight we have a discount tire now. Best advice I can give you is to use the manufactures websites to locate dealers and call around for the best price.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Love the old two cylinders, spend many a day plowing with them. There is a tractor salvage yard in Sikeston, Missouri that may have rims for a decent price, I knew the previous owner but can't speak for the current folks. As for tires, the 60s/720s/730s look nice with Rice and Cane (now called R2) tires, the same folks might have tires and rims. We ran rice and cains on all of ours, they wear well and pull extremly good in wet and/or plowed ground.

Joe

·
Registered
115 Posts
Love the old two cylinders, spend many a day plowing with them. There is a tractor salvage yard in Sikeston, Missouri that may have rims for a decent price, I knew the previous owner but can't speak for the current folks. As for tires, the 60s/720s/730s look nice with Rice and Cane (now called R2) tires, the same folks might have tires and rims. We ran rice and cains on all of ours, they wear well and pull extremly good in wet and/or plowed ground.

Joe
One of the rims on the 620 I am restoring came from the place, can't recall the name right now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Administrator
20,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried calling this morning and they told me they don't carry anything close to what I'm looking for. I had high hopes for this place as this wasn't the first time I had heard of them. An old local farmer recommended them but couldn't remember the name. He said he goes there a least twice a year. I just didn't have any luck finding them. So thanks neeltburn, I do appreciate the info. :thumbup1gif:

Looks like I'm going to have to order new tires and rims. I know of a place in Dyersburg TN called Tucker Tire. They have tires and free shipping to Nashville. They do a weekly run there. I'll just have to order and send them some new rims to get them mounted. Anybody want to sponsor about $2k for the 60 project? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
McGrew Tractor Parts Company

http://www.mcgrewtractorparts.com/
19829 US 6
New Paris, IN 46553
1-866-521-9515

2-Cylinder Plus Tractor Salvage
http://www.2cylplus.com/
David and Robin Marlin

322 Marlin Prairie Dr.
Conway, Mo 65632
417-589-2634

417-589-3337

mail: [email protected]

K&K Antique Tractors

http://www.kkantiquetractors.com/

5995 N. 100 W.
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Telephone: (317) 398-9883
Fax: (317) 398-3733

Email Address:
[email protected]

Business Hours:
Monday - Friday
8AM to 5PM EST
Closed for lunch

give these a shot, They are good soures when doing a restore. also get you a copy of Green Magazine, as the ads in the back will help you.
Saturday by Chance

·
Registered
115 Posts
STEINER TRACTOR PARTS

http://www.steinertractor.com/

Address
Steiner Tractor Parts
1660 S. M-13
Lennon, MI 48449

Phone Number

Fax Number