Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to buy American made whenever possible or at least I intend to do so...my JD has a Yanmar diesel in it.... but recently being in need of a good landscape rake I just could not warrant the $ for one of the big named USA makers offerings so I bought a Titan 5' wheeled rake thinking how bad could the Chinese screw that up? Well it was delivered today an to my surprise not only is it well made but it was made here in the good old USA. And I do not mean assembled here but made here. Delivered to the door with liftgate service including Pa. .06% tax for right at $600. It is every bit as well made as my old LandPride rake.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I picked up a bare, used, Landpride for $300 last spring. I thought I had done well. That was the cheap part. Then I ordered the wide gauge wheels and the flip down plow blade for it. That added $970.00 to it. I'm sure it'll last at least three more generations. I definitely have to have front ballast in place when utilizing it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics, no rake.
I certainly hope you are not calling me a liar. I've been in the landscaping biz for almost 45 years prior to that I was raised on a 900 acre dairy farm with 250 milking head...I dare say I've owned an used more equipment than 99% of the member of this site.
You may be impressed with equipment lists as noted on your signature line but I am not, to me they are nothing but tools I earn a living with. Some brands are better than others but being JD does not make them that.....as anyone with even the most basic knowledge about JD knows they are merely green and yellow paint on generic machines.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No, he wasn't calling you a liar. It's just a friendly, good-natured way to say that we'd like to see photos of your new attachment. That's one of the problems with a forum: it's just typewritten words, and you can't see and feel what the writer really means sometimes. If we were standing around talking to each other, you would know that greenharley meant that in a nice, positive way.

Regards,
Ken

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, he wasn't calling you a liar. It's just a friendly, good-natured way to say that we'd like to see photos of your new attachment. That's one of the problems with a forum: it's just typewritten words, and you can't see and feel what the writer really means sometimes. If we were standing around talking to each other, you would know that greenharley meant that in a nice, positive way.

Regards,
Ken
I would hope that is all it was. I am not here to make/start arguments but I back done from none either. In Christ Rev. T.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would hope that is all it was. I am not here to make/start arguments but I back done from none either. In Christ Rev. T.
We are all tractor and implement junkies here. We love pics. It’s just a funny way we say that we would love to see pics of your equipment. Guys on this site are very friendly. Several members have drove very long distances to help other members with tractor problems. I have not met a bad guy in this board. We would still love to see some pics if you have any extra time at hand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you HD a chance to try this out yet? I'm looking to purchase the same rake and am looking for any input on whether it's worth it? Should I look at another brand instead? I'm not using it a lot so I don't need the really high priced ones!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Have you HD a chance to try this out yet? I'm looking to purchase the same rake and am looking for any input on whether it's worth it? Should I look at another brand instead? I'm not using it a lot so I don't need the really high priced ones!
The original poster of this thread hasn't been online here since 2/25/18. You might want to try to send him a private message. That should generate an email to him to let him know to log back on here to check the message.

Just FYI - he can also read (but not respond to) the private message directly in his email, so you might want to include your email address in the body of the message to make it easier for him to reply to you.

Good Luck - I hope you get your question answered.

·
Registered
411 Posts
... equipment lists ...
Folks come to this forum looking to give or get advice about how to do something. The purpose of listing our equipment in signature lines is to help support that exchange of ideas, rather than to impress. That and the odd way that we ask for photos is just part of the etiquette and idiom of the forum. Just sayin... It is a very friendly forum.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Folks come to this forum looking to give or get advice about how to do something. The purpose of listing our equipment in signature lines is to help support that exchange of ideas, rather than to impress. That and the odd way that we ask for photos is just part of the etiquette and idiom of the forum. Just sayin... It is a very friendly forum.
:bigthumb: NO BETTER WORDS SPOKEN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i have learned lots and lots and lots on here:laugh: and it's post's make laugh daily:munch: especially my little Gimbal Ratchet buddy that needs a hug now and then:treehugger::lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bough the titan landscape rake and intend to do a review in the next few weeks. Plus side is that it is cheap and works well with the guide wheels. Minus side is that it is not quick hitch compatible. I finally was able to rig it to hook up to the quick hitch by lowering the hook and moving the rake stabilizer bar to the side and not use the bushings (photos to come later). It will not do a 360 while attached. You have to remove it, turn it 360 and hook back up to the quick hitch. Also, it was a PIA to assemble .:banghead::banghead::banghead: My current feelings are that I wish I had purchased something else.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Also, it was a PIA to assemble .:banghead::banghead::banghead:

My current feelings are that I wish I had purchased something else.
I never thought about assembly,, I guess that was a benefit of buying used?? :dunno:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good to know. I'll edit my line accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Good to know. I'll edit my line accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I actually like when folks list their equipment in their signature. I often look for it when making replies as it serves as an indicator to their knowledge and experience level. Therefore, I'm not "insulting" their intelligence by making over detailed answers as I would for a newbie or a soon to become newbie.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 18 of 18 Posts