Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy a ballast box from my local dealer recently and was told they were hard to come buy and they would have to charge me a premium price if they could get their hands on one. The kid behind the parts counter then went on to say that I didn't really need one anyway and that I should just fill the rear tires with WATER if I needed weight on the rear. :banghead:

I previously had bought my Titan pallet forks from Amazon and they arrived in two days with free shipping. Recently checked Amazon and they had Titan Cat1 ballast boxes for $259 with free shipping. Ordered the box and a TerraKing quick hitch bushing kit for $29.99. Bushing kit arrived already, ballast box should be delivered tomorrow. I know the fit and finish won't be as good as the JD but if it does the job and fits the IMatch properly I'll be content.

Now...what kind of mods do I want to do with the BB?!? I've seen some really clever things that some creative minds have dreamt up...just one more thing to throw :gizmo: at!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just ordered my Titan Ballast Box today too! I ordered mine directly from TA. I could of ordered from Amazon but my 1025R won't be delivered until next Tuesday (10th) so I figured a couple extra days shipping is no big deal to me. I'll be looking to mod mine out too! Would like Mother Nature to send some warmer weather this way though. Makes it nicer to work outside on these projects.

:greentractorride:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered my Titan Ballast Box today too! I ordered mine directly from TA. I could of ordered from Amazon but my 1025R won't be delivered until next Tuesday (10th) so I figured a couple extra days shipping is no big deal to me. I'll be looking to mod mine out too! Would like Mother Nature to send some warmer weather this way though. Makes it nicer to work outside on these projects.

:greentractorride:
What part of Michigan? I grew up in mid-Michigan, joined the Navy out of high school and got stationed in north Florida for 8 years. Took me five years to acclimate to the sweltering humidity and along the way I lost my ability to handle Michigan winters. I go back to visit family every couple years...almost exclusively in the summer months. :laugh:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't seen this on here, but I was thinking that if I had one (So far I use my Backhoe or tiller) I'd want to store it in my garage when not in use (concrete floor) and I'd consider putting heavy duty casters on the bottom of it so when I took it off I'd be able to roll it around. Either that, or I'd just build some sort of dolly of it.

Beyond that, I'd probably be pretty normal and drop some PVC in it for yard tools and some sort of slot for a chainsaw.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What part of Michigan? I grew up in mid-Michigan, joined the Navy out of high school and got stationed in north Florida for 8 years. Took me five years to acclimate to the sweltering humidity and along the way I lost my ability to handle Michigan winters. I go back to visit family every couple years...almost exclusively in the summer months. :laugh:
Little town of Millington just east of Frankenmuth. I wouldn't mind some of that warm Florida weather right about now. Looks like we're bracing for snow again tonight. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts
I got my Titan Blst Box direct from Titan also. A few dollars cheaper than through Amazon, and caught it on sale. Think it was about $235. Ordered on Sunday, rec'd on Wednesday. Filled with 4.5 cu. ft. of pea stone. Guessing it weighs 550 lbs, give or take. Maybe more. Works good, and fits the Imatch without modifications. Maybe I got lucky. I did use JD bushings for mine. Be interested if those TerraKing bushings fit and work without issue.

FYI, JD has a 15% promo on IMatch and ballast boxes right now, through April 30th. (I know is too late now lol)

That "kid" behind the counter is way outta wack. Of course you want rear ballast, and no, water is not an option. :crazy:

I got a furniture type dolly from TSC I set mine on to roll around the barn. Works good. 800 or 1000 lb rating (yeah, right), $30...but works.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Kylew and Big K just want to say Hi. I live between Auburn and Midland, Retired from Bay City Light and Power work 33 years for them. I just got my 1025r 1-13-18 really like it already. Son in law made me a weight bracket for it looks like the big one from heavy hitch I a had a old receiver hitch and $40.00 in 3/8 steel and paint. Some day I have to have him show me how to post pictures, I'm old and don't like computers much. Had to learn this computer cause our youngest girl join the Army in 2004 right after high school. They are over in Levi part, Carkville TN. Fort Campbell for now should retired in 4.5 years.:usa

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts
Way cool Driveshaft.
Good to meet y'all. I'm in Grass Lake, between Chelsea and Jackson. Nice country area to play with my tractor :laugh: :kidw_truck_smiley: Only have 3.5 acres and not much wooded area, but we live on a private road that I get to snow plow and use the box blade to help maintain, along with my neighbor.

Driveshaft...you'll love your tractor the more you find what it can do (I'm sure BigK and Rws71 love theirs too). You'll find the people on here are top notch. And pretty darn good at spending your money for you on things you never knew you needed :lol: Would like to see a photo of your weight bracket when you get it uploaded.

Zeke...you should consider a ballast box. They're not as bulky as the backhoe or tiller, allowing you to get in tighter areas. Basically near the same weight in a smaller package, depending what you fill it with. And with a quick hitch, easy to pickup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my Titan Blst Box direct from Titan also. A few dollars cheaper than through Amazon, and caught it on sale. Think it was about $235. Ordered on Sunday, rec'd on Wednesday. Filled with 4.5 cu. ft. of pea stone. Guessing it weighs 550 lbs, give or take. Maybe more. Works good, and fits the Imatch without modifications. Maybe I got lucky. I did use JD bushings for mine. Be interested if those TerraKing bushings fit and work without issue.

FYI, JD has a 15% promo on IMatch and ballast boxes right now, through April 30th. (I know is too late now lol)

That "kid" behind the counter is way outta wack. Of course you want rear ballast, and no, water is not an option. :crazy:

I got a furniture type dolly from TSC I set mine on to roll around the barn. Works good. 800 or 1000 lb rating (yeah, right), $30...but works.
My ballast box arrived yesterday during a downpour. The Terraking bushings fit just fine when installed correctly. In my haste to get dry I installed them backwards and promptly pounded the roll-pins in place before getting the tractor out of the garage (she hasn't been rained on yet :lol:). Spent another 10 minutes pounding the pins back out so I could turn the bushings around. Works just fine with the Imatch.

Wish I would have known about the 15% promo, I would have rather have bought a JD BB, just because...

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
Wish I would have known about the 15% promo, I would have rather have bought a JD BB, just because...
Don't sweat it, a box is a box.

·
Registered
275 Posts
But then you would not have the 2" receiver, the 2 holders for shovels or the cutouts to move the box with your forks......

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like that sliding door as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just took delivery of a Titan ballast box. The price has gone up but it was still much cheaper than a John Deere. The paint is a pretty good match to my 4410 with a Curtis cab. I had a question about the weight capacity and I messaged Titan. I was assured that the 800 pound capacity did not include the weight of the box so, when I fill it, I will have over 900 pounds of ballast.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts