Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the Titan bx42s wood chipper hooked to their 1025r. If so how do you like it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has the Titan bx42s wood chipper hooked to their 1025r. If so how do you like it?

I too, am wondering the same thing, they have the Titan BX42 Wallenstein knockoff on sale this weekend for 20% off at $1199.00 delivered and no sales tax. Sounds like a pretty good buy to me. Looks like this same chipper is sold by many sellers in various colors and just branded differently. Would not be surprised if all these knockoffs were made in the same plant in China.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I will pull the trigger and order it today. Getting laid off soon so i guess i can get the lane side of my timber cleared out from years of trimming. Maybe the green deere will attract the brown deer..lol
:greentractorride::laugh::greentractorride:

I will post a review in a few weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Think I will pull the trigger and order it today. Getting laid off soon so i guess i can get the lane side of my timber cleared out from years of trimming. Maybe the green deere will attract the brown deer..lol
:greentractorride::laugh::greentractorride:

I will post a review in a few weeks.
I just completed the order process this morning and it should be here in 3 or 4 days. After all the looking around on the internet, particularly YouTube reviews, with the $300 discount it seems like a heck of a buy. I have a mountain of brush and tree cuttings to chip. We have been burning this stuff for the last few years but with all the fires here lately, and one last month that came within a few hundreds of yards of our property, I think my burn pile days are over. We are on 10 acres and there will be no shortage of work for this tool.

Steve

·
Registered
143 Posts
So what's the difference between this one, & the Wallenstein, besides the $2,800 price tag..?

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
So what's the difference between this one, & the Wallenstein, besides the $2,800 price tag..?
One is made in Canada, the other in China.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
One is made in Canada, the other in China.
One is designed, manufactured and sold by people in Canada. The other is using a design STOLEN from people in Canada.

Just my $0.02 CAD. :canada

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
One is designed, manufactured and sold by people in Canada. The other is using a design STOLEN from people in Canada.

Just my $0.02 CAD. :canada
MUCH better said, thank you sir :good2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Aside from the Wallerstein being $1800+ more, I see the flywheel on the Wallerstein is #110 and the flywheel on the Titan is either #75 or #80. I can't tell which as I have seen both specs on the Titan unit. Other than that I don't know but I would guess that the material and the welds over all are probably of higher quality on the Wallerstein unit. Not being a professional who would use this all day every day, I think the cheaper unit will likely do for my application. I would normally buy a name brand quality product but this appears to be an easily serviceable unit and the majority of reviews out there are pretty positive on the Titan unit. I purchased the Titan forks for my 1025R over a year ago and they have held up well and meet my needs just fine.

Need to make my fixed income go as far as I can.

Steve

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
MUCH better said, thank you sir :good2:
Thanks, Kenny! I always appreciate a complement from someone I respect!! :good2:

Before this thread devolves into another US made vs. Chinese made discussion, I'd like to just make one more comment. While I usually try to buy stuff that's made on this continent, I - along with everyone else - also buy more than my fair share of stuff made in China. We're in a global economy and I wholeheartedly support the notion of a global economy. I would have no problem buying a Chinese made WoodMaxx chipper because it appears as though that design is theirs (and maybe Jinma's as it is super similar). (Full Disclosure - I do own a WoodMaxx chipper, but it's their top of the line made in the USA 9900.) When I was chipper shopping, I saw those Chinese Wallenstein knock-offs, but I kept on looking. I won't support a company (importer, distributor, etc.) that blatantly steals someone else's intellectual property. That's what it appears that Titan has done in this case.

i really don't have a problem with Titan pallet forks. It's kind of hard to get creative with pallet forks - there's only so many ways you can make them so it's hard to say that Titan ripped off someone else. But this chipper is a different story. (Full disclosure - I own Artillian forks.)

I personally won't buy Titan anything. I made that mistake once and I won't make it again.

With regards to Panhead's observation about the flywheel weight difference, that's something that the OP should consider. There's approximately a 50% increase in the weight of the Wallenstein flywheel which is a good thing. With a chipper, a heavier flywheel makes a big difference in performance. Something about that inertia thing that Sir Isaac Newton wrote about so long ago.

I do sincerely hope that the OP is happy with the performance of this chipper once he starts using it. The last thing that I want to see (or read about) is that he plunked down his hard earned money on a big purchase and that it isn't all that he hoped it would be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just completed the order process this morning and it should be here in 3 or 4 days. After all the looking around on the internet, particularly YouTube reviews, with the $300 discount it seems like a heck of a buy. I have a mountain of brush and tree cuttings to chip. We have been burning this stuff for the last few years but with all the fires here lately, and one last month that came within a few hundreds of yards of our property, I think my burn pile days are over. We are on 10 acres and there will be no shortage of work for this tool.

Steve
Any feedback..?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any feedback..?
Well while the unit was still in transit I got another email ad from Titan. They put them on sale for ANOTHER 10% for a total of 30% or $450 off list. I called them and asked for the lower price as the one I had ordered at 20% off had not even arrived yet. They were very nice and immediately said they would refund the additional $149.90 to my card. Just got the notice this evening that the refund has been processed!!! So far their customer service gets an A+ from me.

The chipper arrived this afternoon and I finished assembly and greasing the fittings this evening and took it out to my brush pile for a quick test. Works great and I'm pleased with how easy it went together. There were no instructions or manual with the unit but if you can't figure out how to assemble it and put it to use safely maybe you'd be better off not owning one.

As far as the operation of the chipper, it worked as I expected it would and seems to be a capable unit. You most definitely want to wear safety glasses maybe even a hard had with a shield as the chipper sometimes will kick back on a chunk of wood. Over all this is a great buy at $1049.00 delivered to my gate. This price is good through this holiday weekend.

The only issue I have to figure out is that I as soon as I dismount to run the chipper the tractor shuts down. I need to figure out how to disable the cutoff switch while I'm chipping so I don't have to place a heavy object on the seat while I'm working. I don't want to disable it permanently, I'd like to do it through a switch so the cutoff would only be disabled while I'm chipping. I have already disabled the RIO but not the seat.

Ideas??

Steve

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Panhead, you should be able to start the tractor in neutral with the parking brake on while not in the seat and have it run just fine. I personally like the idea of having the cutoff switch intact, in case of a rollover or something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Panhead, you should be able to start the tractor in neutral with the parking brake on while not in the seat and have it run just fine. I personally like the idea of having the cutoff switch intact, in case of a rollover or something.
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. I want to keep the seat switch too, that's why I would try to do it through a switch so that the only time it is disabled would be while chipping. Hope the starting thing while off the tractor works, then it's a non issue.

Steve

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well while the unit was still in transit I got another email ad from Titan. They put them on sale for ANOTHER 10% for a total of 30% or $450 off list. I called them and asked for the lower price as the one I had ordered at 20% off had not even arrived yet. They were very nice and immediately said they would refund the additional $149.90 to my card. Just got the notice this evening that the refund has been processed!!! So far their customer service gets an A+ from me.

The chipper arrived this afternoon and I finished assembly and greasing the fittings this evening and took it out to my brush pile for a quick test. Works great and I'm pleased with how easy it went together. There were no instructions or manual with the unit but if you can't figure out how to assemble it and put it to use safely maybe you'd be better off not owning one.

As far as the operation of the chipper, it worked as I expected it would and seems to be a capable unit. You most definitely want to wear safety glasses maybe even a hard had with a shield as the chipper sometimes will kick back on a chunk of wood. Over all this is a great buy at $1049.00 delivered to my gate. This price is good through this holiday weekend.

The only issue I have to figure out is that I as soon as I dismount to run the chipper the tractor shuts down. I need to figure out how to disable the cutoff switch while I'm chipping so I don't have to place a heavy object on the seat while I'm working. I don't want to disable it permanently, I'd like to do it through a switch so the cutoff would only be disabled while I'm chipping. I have already disabled the RIO but not the seat.

Ideas??

Steve
Cool man...! Yeah, I saw the $1,049 price & am seriously considering an order for one. Almost seems to good to be true. That's a great price if the chipper performs well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chipper got delivered yesterday in metal crate. One small rub on paint but it's no big deal. Easy to put together and didn't have to cut the driveshaft. Greased the bearings and u joints. Jumped the seat switch with a wire for now. Tried to tell my buddy that i needed to stay on the seat and be the operator since i have a union card but he wouldn't have no part of that....LOL. If the rain holds off i am gonna give it a workout cleaning up the lane out at my timber. All in all it's a nice unit and I am happy so far with the purchase.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
As far as the operation of the chipper, it worked as I expected it would and seems to be a capable unit. You most definitely want to wear safety glasses maybe even a hard had with a shield as the chipper sometimes will kick back on a chunk of wood.
I am sincerely happy that you and the OP are both happy with your purchases!! :good2:

After using my first chipper a couple of times, I bought a Stihl Forestry Helmet. Plus I wear safety glasses too. The Forestry Helmet includes hearing protection.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am sincerely happy that you and the OP are both happy with your purchases!! :good2:

After using my first chipper a couple of times, I bought a Stihl Forestry Helmet. Plus I wear safety glasses too. The Forestry Helmet includes hearing protection.
A forestry helmet is a great idea for using one of these implements. I will be looking into one of those. I need to get some chain saw protective chaps as well. Money money money...... where does it all end?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. I want to keep the seat switch too, that's why I would try to do it through a switch so that the only time it is disabled would be while chipping. Hope the starting thing while off the tractor works, then it's a non issue.

Steve
You should be able to run the rear pto and not have tractor shut off. Do you have the pto lever set for the rear pto and running the rpms to the setting on dash? I can get on and off my tractor with it running and not have the parking brake on. I always make sure its on level ground and the fel on ground when i do.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts

Steve
Do you have a 1025R?

If so there is a procedure in your Operator's Manual for operating the rear PTO without an operator in the seat.

[h=4]Using Rear Power-Take-Off (PTO)—Operator off Seat[/h]
  1. Sit on the operator seat,
  2. Lock the park brake.
  3. Move the speed range lever to the neutral “N” position.
  4. If the PTO/RIO switch is in the engaged/on position, the machine will not start.
    Start the engine.
  5. Set engine speed to 1500 rpm or less.
  6. Move the PTO lever (A) to Position (D) - Rear PTO only.
  7. Exit seat for rear PTO operation without the operator on seat.
  8. Push PTO/RIO switch forward to the engaged/on position.
  9. Adjust the hand throttle lever forward to the desired speed for the implement used.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts