Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a ballast box from Titan, and they just sent me an email that they have up to 15% off of select items. I don't need forks as I have Artillian, but I looked at the site just for curiosity. They are showing a lot of sets now made in USA. I didn't know they had anything made in USA. Might be a deal if interested, just posting FYI.

Titan Sale

·
Premium Member
13,841 Posts
I recently bought a ballast box from Titan, and they just sent me an email that they have up to 15% off of select items. I don't need forks as I have Artillian, but I looked at the site just for curiosity. They are showing a lot of sets now made in USA. I didn't know they had anything made in USA. Might be a deal if interested, just posting FYI.

Titan Sale
I see they're only a few bucks more than the Chinese ones. Guess I bought too soon, oh well, I've not had any complaints with mine.

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
I see they're only a few bucks more than the Chinese ones. Guess I bought too soon, oh well, I've not had any complaints with mine.
:unknown:I JUST LOOKED AND IT SEEMS all the USA ones are out of stock:dunno: just what i read at the bottom of there ad boxes. i didn't open them ad boxes. maybe something different there:dunno:

just my 2cts--i think there wanting to push the ones from across the pond-first-eh-:dunno:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jim,
I think that maybe they underestimated how many people would prefer to buy things made in the USA, and can't keep up with demand. Just ordered my new forks today. I'm happy to wait a while on the ones made in the US.

Ken

·
Administrator
18,514 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has asked if the tines themselves are made/forged in the USA? I thought the only company making them here was Cascade.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Happy with my forks from titan

·
Premium Member
13,841 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about their forks except the reviews I've read here, but they were good about communicating with me about the ballast box. I went to buy a ballast box back in December but they were out of the green, only had red. Told me I could sign up to be notified when the green would be back in stock. I signed up, they did notify me and I ordered and got one within a week with free shipping.

I might do a review on it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks to the OP for posting this sale. :good2: I just ordered the imported 36" forks directly from Titan. Amazon still shows them at the regular price. I think at $386, this is a smoking deal.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
why do things go on sale that are on my short list when I really don't have a need for them but want.....:banghead:
Trust me the only reason you do not have a need is because you do not have them. Once you get them, they become a invaluable asset to your tractor.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Trust me the only reason you do not have a need is because you do not have them. Once you get them, they become a invaluable asset to your tractor.
I keep hearing that from all the fork owners. I am basing my need on the limited use of the tractor on a weekly basis, summer mowing and winter snow clearing......WHICH WE ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING.
But yes, I know I would find lots of uses for them like popping a few rock out of my yard.

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
I keep hearing that from all the fork owners. I am basing my need on the limited use of the tractor on a weekly basis, summer mowing and winter snow clearing......WHICH WE ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING.
But yes, I know I would find lots of uses for them like popping a few rock out of my yard.
Before I started coming to this forum I had never heard of using forks for landscape operations. I guess that’s because I spent my early career days in a warehouse environment.

Forks are fir lifting! I use them on a weekly basis if not more for just that. Lifting stuff in and out of my pickup. Everything goes on pallets now - my extra set of truck tires, my mowing deck in winter, my brush hog, my spot sprayer - the list goes on and on. I don’t carry anything around the yard by hand anymore.

I don’t consider them a digging tool and have yet to use them as such.

·
Premium Member
13,841 Posts
Before I started coming to this forum I had never heard of using forks for landscape operations. I guess that’s because I spent my early career days in a warehouse environment.

Forks are fir lifting! I use them on a weekly basis if not more for just that. Lifting stuff in and out of my pickup. Everything goes on pallets now - my extra set of truck tires, my mowing deck in winter, my brush hog, my spot sprayer - the list goes on and on. I don’t carry anything around the yard by hand anymore.

I don’t consider them a digging tool and have yet to use them as such.
There was a thread back in the late fall from a member using them, "abusing them" according to him and he bent the frame on his doing exactly that, using them a pry bar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Saw the email last night. More good timing on my part. Just ordered on Monday, then get the email Wed. They are on their way and will have early next week.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my Titan forks.
Plus another.
I use them in the winter also. Much of my firewood is in IBC totes.
I use the forks to carry a full tote to the porch so I don't have to carry firewood anymore.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I live in Tennessee and 30 miles from my house is Titan Implement. They're also in the process of expanding and opening a manufacturing plant in Athens, TN, the city I live in! I checked out their website and was impressed with their manufacturing processes. I also drove by their plant and was just as impressed with the amount of finished equipment they have on hand. I like the "Made in USA" label !!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
No complaints from my Titan forks. The customer service, speed in shipping, and price was excellent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts