Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Titan hay spear to mount on my fel. The frame arrived without the spears. Now Titan will not send me the spears because my wife signed the fed ex delivery. The frame without the spears is not much use, but if rather not spend any more of my money with Titan. Do y'all know of any other spears that will fit the Titan frame?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
hayspears.com has some that will work. They are pretty standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'll check them out. thanks John. The ones we've been using up to now were all home made. I wasn't sure if the spears from different manufacturers were interchangable.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If Titan doesn't want to work with you regarding the missing spears you could try another approach for some sort of satisfaction. There is a good chance you can find poor looking welds somewhere on the frame. If you can find something that hopefully looks worse in pictures than it actually is, give them a call back. Tell them their frame sucks due to bad welds and they likely will offer you a discount to get it "repaired" locally. It stinks to have to deal with the situation in this manner but hey, whatever it takes. Titan doesn't want the frame returned and often has issued discounts for bad welds to avoid a product being returned. Your frame may be in good shape and what I'm typing is of no help to you but I would look the frame over closely, it's worth a shot.

Another option, does the credit card you placed the order with offer any sort of consumer protection?

Maybe I'm just an a$$hole but for me it wouldn't be about the money, it's the principle of the matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Shawn, those are some good ideas. I'm going to check into the credit card side tomorrow.

I've had pretty good luck buying stuff online but was always worried something like this could happen.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
They lost a set on me and I complained so they sent another set and a few weeks later the other set shows up? By the way there strong spears I know been using them for a long time with out any problems. I gave the other set to a friend in need with out the extra bucks to get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts