Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of different post concerning the various Titan implements but my question is very basic and singular for the most part.......how is their quality overall? I am thinking of their box blade and maybe rear ballast box and maybe some other things in the future from them. TN located and made in the USA I hope is a plus.

So fire away on responses to the build quality. And as always, thank you for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got the Titan frame for my forks. It's more 3D model; the vertical supports are boxy rather than thick plate steel in just 1 or 2 dimensions.

Ehhhhhhhh, I wouldn't pay any more for it that what I did.

Finish quality is good, but it's not JD green. Seems to be a thick powdercoat. So thick I have some trouble moving the forks but it's getting better. I'm learning where to kick them LOL. Weld quality is what a sophmore in high school could do. Splatter is evident, and there's no "row of dimes" pattern anywhere. It's also not watertight along the welds. If I leave it out in the rain (only happened a couple of times) I do get some drainage when I tilt the forks.

It fits the JDQA just fine, pins and holes line up great, and the cups or whatever at the top are neither too small nor too big. The 120 loader just bumps right on.

The Titan frame is light enough (75#?) I can pick it up and move it myself. I like that! Sometimes it's just easier to put the frame on by hand after dropping the bucket.

It came via freight (free?) I think, on a small pallet and was decently wrapped up in cardboard. It did get a little beat up in shipping, but not bad. Every fall I wire brush the bad spots and prime and paint. No structural distortion at all. I feel it can handle the load easily with the capacity of the 120 loader.

Would I buy another one? Yes. Are there better ones? Maybe. But for me it's at the intersection of "good enough" and "best price".

42 Trailer Receiver Hitch, Fits John Deere Loader

I think I got this one^^^^^^^^^^ The trailer hitch receiver is great! SOOOOOOO much better to move a trailer by pushing it. No more stiff neck and you can spot it perfectly.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Ehhhhhhhh, I wouldn't pay any more for it that what I did.

Would I buy another one? Yes. Are there better ones? Maybe. But for me it's at the intersection of "good enough" and "best price".
same here. I got 3000lb/48" forks/bale spear combo. At a distance, they're fine as far as looks, but up close the welds and finish aren't super pretty. Overall, it works as designed, and it has a pretty good price for what you get.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts
There are two different Titan companies, and both are in TN, can you please post a link to the specific one your looking at?

One makes most things in the USA, and the other imports most things from China and resells them cheaply.

·
Registered
643 Posts
See post #6.

·
Registered
643 Posts
There are two different Titan companies, and both are in TN, can you please post a link to the specific one your looking at?

One makes most things in the USA, and the other imports most things from China and resells them cheaply.
Ohhh, good catch...

Welcome to Titan Implement

Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 800-605-8241

The latter of the two links (palletforks.com), will be the Titan that 99% of the people on here will be referring too, myself included. I have no info about the other placed based in Decatur TN.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can't attest to their quality or lack of, but I can attest to "Made in the USA." Titan Implements, LLC...and be careful here, there a a few Titan's mentioned in various threads!... has their corporate office and a manufacturing facility in Decatur, TN, about 30 miles from me. They just opened a second plant in Athens, TN, where I live, about 15 miles from me. When the Athens facility was being set up, I saw lathes, milling machines, CNC equipment, etc. being moved in, as well as raw materials. Both plants have rows and rows of finished products in their yards. I believe their product is actually "Made in the USA."

Let me expand on that "Made in the USA" a little. I worked for a company that made large rubber and plastic processing equipment. In the early '90's they started buying parts from Taiwan, India, England, and many other off shore facilities. Parts came in, were inspected, then assembled & tested. Just prior to the finished machine being loaded on a truck for shipment to a customer, a "Made in USA" label was placed on it. To me, it should have read, Assembled in USA from parts made all over the world." Be cautious of "Made in the USA" labels! Bob

·
Premium Member
12,922 Posts
Welcome to Titan Implement

Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 800-605-8241

Big difference between the two.

That said, I also have the pallet fork/spear combo, they are what they are. I will say that when I bought mine they were significantly cheaper, their prices have been creeping up, not hard to spend a couple of hundred more on better quality and less weight. If I were buying today and only needed pallet forks I would buy the Frontier.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't recommend buying anything from Titan Implements (https://www.palletforks.com/). I bought a post hole digger and additional 12 in auger from them. Had to have a replacement bow sent and it was crooked also but at least i could get all the pins in. Holes in the 12 inch auger did not line up so had to open up one hole with a file to get the second bolt in. Also one leading edge cutter was bent wrong. Finally got all things to work, but what a hassle.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
So far I've bought a couple of Titan implements, two from Amazon, one direct from their store.

• Their 2' receiver hitch 3-point drawbar. It fit's my iMatch perfectly. The welds are good, the finish is really good. I will use them to move my ski boat and several trailers around. Price was right, shipping was free. It arrived promptly, well packaged. Very impressed with it...certainly heavier duty that the similar items, including the John Deere version. Amazon.com: Titan Heavy Duty Category 1 3-Point 2 Receiver Hitch | Quick Hitch Compatible: Automotive
  • Ballast Box Titan Category 1 Ballast Box 3 Point Fits John Deere Tractors . I bought that from Titan ( see it's on sale now). Definitely more roughly finished and welded but robust. I didn't buy it because was cheap, I bought it because it has a) a little door to make is simple to empty sand ballast (which is what I use), b) it has slots to make it simple to lift with forks, c) it has two built-in tubes to allow handles tools like shovels etc. d) it has a built-in 2" receiver hitch. It also doesn't have a non-removable "slow vehicle" triangle on it, which would be redundant (and ugly).
  • Their 42 inch pallet forks from Amazon. Amazon.com: 42 Trailer Receiver Hitch, Fits John Deere Loader: Home Improvement . Those were very highly rated. I believe that the the Amazon version is a Chinese import, and the one you buy from Titan is USA-made. The prices are similar but they do have a slightly different configuration. Both have a 2" receiver hitch built-in, which was a primary reason I went this route. These forks (either version) are 284 lbs, frame-only is 106 lbs. You can certainly buy cheaper ones, but for a lot more money. My forking needs are pretty low-level. Sacrificing some of my lifting capacity in exchange a couple of hundred $$$ seems like a reasonable exchange to me given my needs.
    (I just now heard from the local transfer company that they're delivering those forks to the loading dock here at work right this moment...we'll see what they look like and how they fit this afternoon).
I will say that customer service response from Titan has been exemplary. Call them on the phone, email them, or ask a question via Amazon...they respond within hours and are very helpful.

The ballast box and the 2" receiver drawbar both came by FedEx. The pallet forks get shipped by truck. They shipped immediately and use a company called Saia, but Saia is apparently a smaller trucking company. They promptly delivered the pallet forks to their terminal in Minneapolis but then engage a local company to make the rest of the trip, which adds a little more time to arrange. But...shipping is free, so not complaining too much.

·
Premium Member
12,922 Posts
The link you posted is to Titan Attachments, not Titan Implements. This is the majority of the confusion here....
And yet the confusion just keeps on coming, even after being pointed out.
One is Titan Implements-the good
One is Titan attachments-the questionable

Referring to Titan Attachments as Titan Implements-the ugly

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Many folks have had great success with pallet forks from Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 800-605-8241. Other than shipping methods that don't always protect the finish of the components there really aren't many negative experiences with their pallet forks (USA or imported). Other stuff... no idea.

Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the responses. Defintely the Titan Implements is what I was referring to. Hopefully a local dealer can be found which I believe one is within 1.5 hours of me. So not too far in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have never done business with Titan Implements but there was a thread I read recently on another forum where a guy ordered a mower through his Branson Dealer and the mower showed up with a "Made in India" tag. Just passing this along in case it makes a difference to you. You might want to confirm you are buying something they built here in the USA.

I've had mixed success with Titan Attachments but in a couple of cases the price was too good to pass up. Their customer service was non existent the few times I had a problem. On the cases where I had trouble I had to have paypal or eBay charge it back to them.

I have a 36" weld on thumb I bought from Titan Attachments that arrived in a couple of days with all the parts and it has been awesome.

I also have their gauge wheels on my landscape rake. It took 3 attempts to get the gauge wheels shipped without missing parts. The first two times I got no customer support from them but I persisted and finally got a complete set. On the first set they never responded to my complaint so after 12 days eBay charged it back to them. THEN they wanted to know what happened and supplied a return shipping label. The second set fell apart in the Fedex warehouse and stalled in shipment. After talking to a Fedex rep that figured out what happened on that one I told them to just return what they could find to the palletforks.com folks. The third set that came in a torn up box with pieces sticking out but by some sort of miracle all the parts were inside.

I also bought a pack of bucket teeth from them that came with the wrong pins. After several attempts to contact them I finally made a claim though paypal, waited the alloted time for a response, and got my money back. They contacted me a month later and wanted to know what they could do to fix the problem. They didn't seem to know I had already got my money charged back to them but I told them and asked for a return label.

The orders I received wrong or incomplete cost me quite a bit of time to resolve, get a refund, package, and return. The two items I got that worked out at a ridiculously low price kind of makes up for it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got my pallet forks from Titan Attachments, the UA version sporting the Made in USA label. Customer service and shipping were questionable at best. Interesting confusion about which Titan people are referring to. I wish I had known that tidbit before ordering just to make a more informed choice. I probably would have ended up with the ones I got.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.