Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had poor luck getting anything from Titan Industries?
I have to date ordered three attachments from Titan industries on three different occasions, quick hitch, heavy hitch and pallet forks. Two of the three were lost in shipment. Each time I called Titan, the customer service rep said I needed to call the carrier. So each time I called R&L Carriers and they said paperwork arrived but no shipment. Somebody has been helping themselves to tractor attachments. Eventually I received my merchandise after a couple reorders.
I guess bottom line is I don’t recommend ordering from Titan Industries until they change carriers.
Hopefully You all have better luck. Ok off my soap box now! Stay warm.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I think you will find the problem is with Titan, not R&L. This seems to be happening quite regularly now. The shipper electronically sends the billing info to the carrier, but does not actually surrender the shipment to the carrier for maybe 2-3 days afterwards. I have seen this happen at least a half dozen times lately. I get an email from the shipper saying it has shipped. I want to know when it is scheduled to arrive, but when I check the carriers site, it says billing info received and nothing further for a few days, then all of a sudden, it shows the shipment received and I get a scheduled delivery date. And R&L was not a carrier involved with any of these.

BTW, Titan does not have a very good reputation. I have ordered a couple of things in the past and they came through OK, but quality is not very good.

And, maybe the Covid virus is behind all this, who knows. As the saying goes "may we live in interesting times".

Dave

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
My last Titan order showed shipped and after a couple weeks of complaining to their customer service that the tracking info provided was not valid. They finally shipped me the item or shipped another one. I have to think since the item tracking number I had showed it had never been picked up, they finally just shipped the product.
Quality seems good with the stuff I have bought from them, just like you say lacking in good customer support.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have been relatively luck with them. I've bought three attachments from them, only one issue and it was resolved relatively quickly. The money savings is nice, but not worth the potential head ache. I wont be ordering from them again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think you will find the problem is with Titan, not R&L. This seems to be happening quite regularly now. The shipper electronically sends the billing info to the carrier, but does not actually surrender the shipment to the carrier for maybe 2-3 days afterwards. I have seen this happen at least a half dozen times lately. I get an email from the shipper saying it has shipped. I want to know when it is scheduled to arrive, but when I check the carriers site, it says billing info received and nothing further for a few days, then all of a sudden, it shows the shipment received and I get a scheduled delivery date. And R&L was not a carrier involved with any of these.

BTW, Titan does not have a very good reputation. I have ordered a couple of things in the past and they came through OK, but quality is not very good.

And, maybe the Covid virus is behind all this, who knows. As the saying goes "may we live in interesting times".

Dave
"May you live in interesting times" was never meant to imply good fortune.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
My company spends 10’s of millions of dollars on shipping every year. The state of the shipping industry has never been worse. Service is atrocious with ALL carriers. Be thankful you ever got it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a titan 6 foot cat 1, 3 point blade from Titan 6 FT Rear Blade For Grading And Scraping Cat 1, 3 Point – Quick Hitch Compatible on their Black Friday special. I bought it from them because it allows an adjustable offset and couldn’t find similar local attachment for my compact tractor (John Deere 850). It shipped from Tennessee (I live in WA State) by UPS Freight. Palletforks did take about a week to put the order together and about another week for UPS Freight to pickup my load. But only 5 days to arrive at my residence. It was packaged very well (see attached photo) and even works well with the Harbor Freight quick hitch I added (see it in the attached photo plowing snow). I think it works well (pulled a lot of wet snow) but you may find a less cost similar blade local (I just couldn’t find one local that is capable of adjustable offset). I like this blade and am happy with it. Seems well constructed but time will tell. I acknowledge that freight is a crap shoot but UPS turned out ok on this one and their driver on my delivery was very helpful.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
648 Posts
My company spends 10’s of millions of dollars on shipping every year. The state of the shipping industry has never been worse. Service is atrocious with ALL carriers. Be thankful you ever got it.
I've been a shipping manager for 30 yrs and can't ever remember things being this bad. Every carrier out there is hiding behind the pandemic (increased rates, reduced services, surcharges, no guarantees), but also many have been directly affected with COVID running through the ranks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
..... Palletforks did take about a week to put the order together and about another week for UPS Freight to pickup my load. But only 5 days to arrive at my residence. It was packaged very we’ll (see attached photo) and even works well with the Harbor Freight quick hitch......
I have to say that your experience with this part of the Titan Attachments buying experience was very different than mine! I have purchased 3 items from them and they were shipped quickly enough - but the preparation for shipping was very lacking!! Placed loosly and barely secured to old, torn up pallets, no padding and very little cardboard that was in shreds when it arrived. My pallet Forks had slid off of the side of the pallet and were connected with just a single loose metal band... Lots of paint scratched on all 3 items... things like that. Some of this might be the shipping company, but I have had shipments from other places where the items were properly packaged and secured to pallets that arrived in good condition with the same shippers.

That said, the attachments I have purchased from them have all fit and seem to be fairly good quality. However, a quick search of GTT will net a lot of threads from people that have not had a particularly positive experience with them.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have to say my experience with them was not bad either. I ordered my three point weight bracket & suitcase weight cart from them this past summer & besides the poor packaging like others have said, I did not have a problem with them. I had planned on ordering the pallet fork attachment from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about the spelling issue...the woes of auto spell correcting... Maybe they’ve gotten better experience packaging the attachments; the packaging of the implement was better than I expected with the blade and all parts banded to the pallet, then shrink wrapped, then they put a welded metal cage (of 1/2 tubing and metal diamond plating) around the blade on the pallet and banded that to the pallet too followed by more shrink wrapping. The photo attached above is when I started to remove the wrapping and banding; nothing was scratched or damaged except part of the pallet wood was damaged probably during transport. The photo speaks for itself. This is my first purchase from them and I’m pretty satisfied. I had to assemble a couple of pieces with the included 3 inch connecting nut w/washer but had no issues (I greased the threads for future too). I also added skid shoes to the blade because I am plowing snow on gravel road and don’t like to remove too much gravel.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Only one purchase from Titan and will be my last. I posted previously about my pallet fork experience/issue.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
This summer I bought 4 pair of pallet forks, 2 at a time and the were shipped FEDEX ground, and arrived in under a week. I ordered another half dozen pair on Black Friday. R+L had them at my door in about 10 days. I ordered 3 more pair yesterday, and I will see how that shipping goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We ordered a set of pallet forks from them last spring and experienced no issues with the process. We received prompt order and shipping confirmation, and the shipping company (FedEx) called a day ahead to schedule a drop time. This was during the early stages of the COVID, I guess we were ahead of the curve. Things definitely aren’t the same now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FYI,
Two of the three different shipments from Titan were pre COVID. So that excuse is not valid to me. What I think is they (Titan) need to get better with shipping. My experience with their customer service was good.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Be careful WHICH Titan you order from! There's one in Tenn. that makes their own equipment, there's one in ?? that imports their equipment, and others too, I just forget where! Bob

Reactions: Jhjesse

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
648 Posts
Be careful WHICH Titan you order from! There's one in Tenn. that makes their own equipment, there's one in ?? that imports their equipment, and others too, I just forget where! Bob
Titan (palletforks.com) is in Memphis, TN, if I'm not mistaken. They sell imports and a lot of UA (United Attachments) product that is made in USA.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The Tenn. Titan I was referring to is in Decatur and Athens. I go by the one in Athens and their lot is PACKED with finished goods! Bob

1 - 20 of 83 Posts