Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The palletforks.com titan got my order shipped today, via FedEx ground.
Talk about fast I ordered my pallet fork attachment Fri. Got my shipping email today. Be delivered Wed from Tenn to WI.

Reactions: rydplrs

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Talk about fast I ordered my pallet fork attachment Fri. Got my shipping email today. Be delivered Wed from Tenn to WI.
Are the website even warned of 5-7 day delays. Mine are currently out for delivery so that 4 or 5 days from order to delivery.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are the website even warned of 5-7 day delays. Mine are currently out for delivery so that 4 or 5 days from order to delivery.
Yep absolutely no complaints there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definitely interested to hear if there are any more quality or fitment issues with these new shipments.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Several Titan implements I received were in their original beat up shipping boxes that had already made long trips from China. However, all were of decent quality for the prices I paid.

I have experienced with every order the previously mentioned problems with Titan saying the implements had been shipped and the transport company not yet receiving them. Last time was a few months ago, and the interval was one week between shipping notification from Titan, and the item actually being picked up by FedEx.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
That's pretty quick for those people. That being said I ordered my Frontier forks from my dealer ($550), and had them the next day.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Definitely interested to hear if there are any more quality or fitment issues with these new shipments.
I just received mine a couple hours ago. Besides the crappy shipping. They fit like a glove. No paint scratches or weld splatter.
20210113_122733_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just received mine a couple hours ago. Besides the crappy shipping. They fit like a glove. No paint scratches or weld splatter.
Nice! I wish the one with the headache rack included the hitch receiver. (like you have on yours). To me the hitch receiver on the loader is a nice option to have.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice! I wish the one with the headache rack included the hitch receiver. (like you have on yours). To me the hitch receiver on the loader is a nice option to have.
Thanks! Yep it is thats why I got this one instead. I'm gonna make a headache rack for it eventually.

Reactions: bpop

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks! Yep it is thats why I got this one instead. I'm gonna make a headache rack for it eventually.
Which one is that, specifically? Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Has anyone else had poor luck getting anything from Titan Industries?
I have to date ordered three attachments from Titan industries on three different occasions, quick hitch, heavy hitch and pallet forks. Two of the three were lost in shipment. Each time I called Titan, the customer service rep said I needed to call the carrier. So each time I called R&L Carriers and they said paperwork arrived but no shipment. Somebody has been helping themselves to tractor attachments. Eventually I received my merchandise after a couple reorders.
I guess bottom line is I don’t recommend ordering from Titan Industries until they change carriers.
Hopefully You all have better luck. Ok off my soap box now! Stay warm.
View attachment 769965

View attachment 769966
View attachment 769967
Haven't read a lot of favorable reviews of Titan equipment. Some seem satisfied, but most give their quality a thumbs down. The only titan attachment I've purchased was a JD universal mounting plate for 1 -5 series tractors. At the time I was building an 8' snow plow that used to be truck mounted for my 5075E. When it arrived I could tell I wasn't good steel, but needed to get the project done fast so I forged ahead. I can provide pics if you'd like but trust me when I say I had no business putting a heavy plow frame for a 75 hp tractor on a 1/4" mushy steel plate. Talk about being in between the irresistible force and the immovable object. I've bent, twisted, sheared that poor plate where I must have 100# of weld and scrap band-aids on this thing. Picture pushing the plow A-frame right through the plate. That plate shouldn't be used on anything past a 3E series IMO. That said, I may buy another one for my 1025R I'm doing the exact same thing with, only it's a used heavy UTV plow. It should handle that just fine. I'll send pics of the project if anyone's interested.

Reactions: trav and bpop

·
Registered
219 Posts
Either a upper rack or a trailer hitch receiver are very easy and inexpensive mods you can make on a set of forks.

Reactions: Mackford13 and bpop

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
To me the hitch receiver on the loader is a nice option to have.
I found the front receiver hitch to be more cumbersome than useful. I thought it would be the cats meow for moving trailers.

First you have to take the forks off, especially if you have long forks. Second it is very hard to see from the operators seat.

I found a three point trailer mover hitch to be much easier to use.

If you have something big to shove in a tight space it might be worth it.

Buy the one with the headache rack. If you want the hitch, it is easy to add afterwards.

Reactions: bpop and farmer52

·
Registered
773 Posts
Agree with the hitch being a PITA. Those forks are heavy to remove them just to move around a trailer. They do have some receiver hitches that slide onto your fork. That seems like a better option.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Either a upper rack or a trailer hitch receiver are very easy and inexpensive mods you can make on a set of forks.
Agree with the hitch being a PITA. Those forks are heavy to remove them just to move around a trailer. They do have some receiver hitches that slide onto your fork. That seems like a better option.
I suppose a hitch on the frame would be easy enough to do IF you had a welder and the associated tools to fab it, and the inclincation to do that. When I bought those Titan forks, I thought that that hitch receiver would solve all my trailer-moving problems. It absolutely doesn't. I wouldn't call it worthless, but I wouldn't call it particularly useful either. For one thing...it's hard to use if you have the forks mounted. They get in the way, and pretty much need to come off. That in itself tends to negate the usefulness IMHO. The biggest problem is the lever arm. The hitch is far enough toward the front of the tractor that maneuvering it takes a LOT of practice.A little spin of the steering wheel moves the front of the trailer a LOT left or right.

As to mounting the ball on a sleeve that slides over one fork...I have one of those too and I've found that to be worse than useless...bordering on dangerous. In that case, the lever arm is even longer. That loss of leverage means that the capacity is lower...it won't even lift my boat trailer from its hitch. And that longer arm makes maneuvering even more complicated than the hitch mounted on the fork frame.

I will say that the frame mounted hitch MIGHT be some value in that you could mount a boom....but I'm not sure that a boom would be more useful than the forks for most lifting jobs.

YMMV, but IMHO the receiver mounted on the fork frame and especially the ball mounted on the end of a fork are of little use for any serious or precision trailer moving.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just received mine a couple hours ago. Besides the crappy shipping. They fit like a glove. No paint scratches or weld splatter. View attachment 770553 View attachment 770554
I'm curious about the shipping end of this.
Did the delivery truck have a liftgate or did you have to use the tractor to unload them? (which sucks without pallet forks.....)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm curious about the shipping end of this.
Did the delivery truck have a liftgate or did you have to use the tractor to unload them? (which sucks without pallet forks.....)
They came with a single axle truck with a liftgate & a pallet dolley. He unloaded them & wheeled them right into my garage.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts