Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my 36“ Titan forks purchased on Amazon this week. Have no issues with price, delivery and quality of the product except for this: the little silver locking pins at the top end seem pretty cheesy. Once you get the bar on the platform and move it into position the pin will drop down to “lock” the bar in position. There is no attaching point on the lower end of the platform. There is good front to back fit. My problem is their seems to be too much side to side play with the pin. It is not a “lock”. With the weight of bars I’m not concerned with the ability to hold a skid with weight on it, but when I use this to dig rocks or move brush will the bars jump out of position? I am wondering if I have installed this properly and have not seem other guys complaining about this. My only other comment was the Titan customer service was a tad unprofessional. Not terribly helpful.
-Jim from NH

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,749 Posts
There is some play in the lock pins but the forks shouldn't move side to side when locked. They will wobble a but side to side, no different than a standard fork lift.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
That is how every set of pallet forks I've ever seen for a tractor work. The top has the pins and the bottom is free floating, but can't pull out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
X3

I have titan and experience with different fork sets. All normal. No issues here. Use and love them.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have the Titan UA forks. You mention digging rocks, something I do with mine. When you shift the tines to the inner lock point you are near the cutout on the bottom center that allows you to install/remove the tines. Since they sway at the bottom a bit they can sway to the removal point and come a bit loose. Most likely to happen when prying out rocks and the tines point down. Something to keep in mind. A simple spacer between the tines will help keep this from being an issue when digging.

Easiest way to move the tines, raise the lock, shift the tine a little in the direction you want to go, lower the lock and slide to the fixed point. The lock will snap into place when you get there. Works for me anyway. Tines seem to get heavier every time.

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Google Class 2 forks, you'll see that is the way they are all made.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all of you for responding. I moved some big logs yesterday and am excited with the increased functionality. I am now confident that the install is correct and will accept a bit of wiggle.

·
Registered
241 Posts
occasionally my Artillian forks will get bumped and kinda be wedged a tad crooked. I don't bother kicking it straight.. sometimes it's harder to do than you would think, they straighten up once I get a little weight on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts