Registered
23,289 Posts
Huh? Maybe I am missing something. This is what I know a D160 to be -

889818000842.jpg

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
610 Posts
There are many threads on here about the Titan forks, I'd suggest a search and a little research. I bought mine off Amazon before I knew they were a Chinese brand, and I wish I would have done more research. I don't have any affiliation or personal experience with the couple of companies I'll link below, but I think the extra money spent is worth it. You may get 50 responses on the Titans that they fit perfectly, and 50 that they needed grinding or didn't fit. Such is the quality control at that price point. My personal set needed grinding to fit my H240 loader, but fit my 200CX loader without adjustment.:unknown:

Artillian forks are pretty much the Cadillac of forks for the smaller tractors from what I can tell. I dealt with the company years ago for something non-fork related and everything was great. They don't make forks for the bigger tractors like I have now. Artillian John Deere QA Pallet Fork Sets

This company I found while looking for JDQA pins for another project. Their forks look stronger and better built than the Titan set I abused and repaired, made in America, and pretty well priced. No personal experience with the product or company, but if I didn't own a welder and have the ability to repair my Titans I would own a set of these right now. Pallet Forks Archives - Skid Steer Attachment Depot

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just wondering if any of you have bought these for a D160 loader. I have a 3025e and just want to make sure they fit with no modifications.

Several of the reviews says that they fit with no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Pallet-Attachment-Trailer-Receiver-Loader/dp/B00KTJ0PA2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1514472867&sr=8-4&keywords=titan+pallet+forks

Thanks for the info!
I have the Titan Pallet Forks on my 3025E. Here is what I ordered, and they work great.
42" Pallet Fork Attachment with 2" Trailer Receiver Hitch fits John Deere Loader JDFRLDREC-(2)FB42x125

I paid less ordering directly from Titan through their website. They ALWAYS offer a 5% discount using TITANAFF5 (or a similar code). I also find 10% discounts frequently. Total cost should be under $400 shipped. Give Titan an call and order by phone, asking for the best price. Mine was $382.72 two months ago.

·
Administrator
18,514 Posts
Huh? Maybe I am missing something. This is what I know a D160 to be -
He is referring to the model number of the loader, not the tractor.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I read the reviews on Titan forks and my mind changed back and forth between ordering and not ordering MANY times. There was no freaking way I was going to dump a grand+ for just forks so I decided to do without any at all and keep using my clamp on forks. Finally read a post on GTT one night that prompted me to look into the Titan forks again and when I noticed they was on sale, I ordered. I have had no issues at all with my Titan forks and I can honestly say I have abused the heck out of them. The ordering was easy, the product arrived insanely quick, and the cost was low enough I treat the forks like absolute crap and IF I ever do manage to destroy them, I have already got my money's worth out of them. Do your own research and make a decision that best suits you, your uses, and your budget. You will have no problems in finding the "bad" about Titan attachments. Folks will speak of the bad far more than anything good, personally I have had good luck with my purchase but I realized when ordering the possibility was there on receiving a bad product. They fit my 300x loader without any modifications and overall, I'm pleased. It sucks they are imported from China and I would have spent more to purchase something made right here, I just couldn't justify spending triple the amount.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Titan Pallet Forks on my 3025E. Here is what I ordered, and they work great.
42" Pallet Fork Attachment with 2" Trailer Receiver Hitch fits John Deere Loader JDFRLDREC-(2)FB42x125

I paid less ordering directly from Titan through their website. They ALWAYS offer a 5% discount using TITANAFF5 (or a similar code). I also find 10% discounts frequently. Total cost should be under $400 shipped. Give Titan an call and order by phone, asking for the best price. Mine was $382.72 two months ago.

Thanks! great info! How much did they charge for shipping? Shipping is free on Amazon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have same set as above on my 1025r. Super fast free shipping. I would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I ordered directly through Titan website and shipping was free. Received the forks 2 1/2 days after placing order.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks! great info! How much did they charge for shipping? Shipping is free on Amazon.
FREE SHIPPING DIRECT FROM TITAN :good2:

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
https://www.palletforks.com/tractor-attachments-513/john-deere-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments-for-john-deere/uajdfrldrecws-2-fb48x125.html

Maybe this is a different "Titan", or maybe they have two different product lines for pallet forks, but this is what I found when I did a quick google search for "Titan pallet Forks USA made". Prices are in the $550 range.
That's the same company it appears they've added a new line that is made in USA. They are more expensive than the ones I linked above in the second part of my post, and appear to have the same weak lower bar design of the Titans I own. The ones I linked have a back angle built in that I wish mine did, as well. Hopefully, the "new" Titans don't have the terrible weld quality of the Chinese ones, either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I too have the titan forks!!!

I was like a lot of other guys on here and wasn't sure.

But after talking to many people who purchased them I decided what the heck.

Ordered over the internet with coupon $360ish 42" for my 1025R and they were here by the end of the week.

Took them off the pallet and it slipped right on. Up and running in maybe 5 minutes.

I then went and unloaded my Tarter 48" tiller monster from the back of my truck and worked like a charm.

I am sure there are better forks out there but did I say I have a 1025R not Series 4/5.:greentractorride:

After fooling around with them I don't think I have anything to really worry about as my tractor cant lift anywhere close to what would cause the forks to break!

I am one of the guys who just wanted to have a real little tractor as I don't have much land 1 1/2 acre but I am getting ready to retire in the next couple of years and decided to have some fun.

Yes it is an expensive toy but as my wife told me.... I deserve it.. (And she said I was getting older..... ):lol:

It is so much fun I wish I had done is years ago.

So I enjoy adding new attachments but I know they wont get the use of "real" tractor users so I get attachments I can use but don't have to feel bad about not using them 24/7.

For the money I don't think you could go wrong with the Titan package. Would suggest the 42" as there almost perfect for little or long loads.

Enjoy:gizmo:

·
Registered
764 Posts
https://www.palletforks.com/tractor-attachments-513/john-deere-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments-for-john-deere/uajdfrldrecws-2-fb48x125.html

Maybe this is a different "Titan", or maybe they have two different product lines for pallet forks, but this is what I found when I did a quick google search for "Titan pallet Forks USA made". Prices are in the $550 range.
Here is the URL to the forks most of us on the forum have. https://www.palletforks.com/tractor-attachments-513/john-deere-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments-for-john-deere/42-pallet-fork-attachment-with-2-trailer-receiver-hitch-for-john-deere-loader.html

As noted, call for the best price (at least that is what I did) or create an account. Once you do, monthly deals of 10-20% off will start coming into your in-box. I've ordered three Titan items, the pallet forks (very good), the bolt on forks (since sold, but very good product) and the ballast box (was damaged in transit, but that was not Titans fault. Was still very useable after work with a torch and green paint). The welds on all three products have been OK. The pallet forks are very nice welds, and the ballast box are what I would call fair. I'm not a welder, but did take welding in college and know a little about what a bead should look like.

The US made products are new, and a welcome addition to the Titan line. As many have noted, weight is the primary non-political downside vs the excellent Artillian products. Cost is the upside. As noted, I am happy with my Titan pallet forks.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Anyone know the weight of an individual tine? I'll be lifting these by my self when installing and was thinking about 36" tines for that reason over the 42". I'm 65 and in pretty good shape for my age, but I don't need a hernia at this stage in my life. :wink:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Anyone know the weight of an individual tine? I'll be lifting these by my self when installing and was thinking about 36" tines for that reason over the 42". I'm 65 and in pretty good shape for my age, but I don't need a hernia at this stage in my life. :wink:
I’m not sure of the exact weight and although heavy, you should have no problems. I’m guessing around 75-85 lbs.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
1 - 20 of 91 Posts