Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I may pull the trigger for the cheap Titan forks to beat on. I have another JD set but They are never here (my in-laws 1025R wears them all the time lol). These are more than half the cost of anything else, and I like the 2 in receiver.

Contacted them about weight of the headache version. They replied and said the frame weighs 124lbs and the forks (42") weight 90lbs for a total of 214lbs! If this is true these are the way to go...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have the Titan Pallet fork frame and 42" forks. They've worked very well for me. Here's what customer service emailed me when I asked them that same question:

JDFRLDREC-(2)FB42x125
Features:
  • Fits John Deere
  • Total Capacity: 3,000 lbs
  • Top pin set fits H120, D120, 210, 200x, 200cx, 300cx, 300x, 305, 400x, 400cx, 410, 419, 420, 430, 440, & 460 series loaders.
  • Bottom pin set fits 500, 510, 520, 521, 540, 541, & 542 series Ag loaders.
  • Does not fit any loaders equipped with the Global/Euro style or universal Skid Steer style mount.
Specifications:
  • Frame weight: 108 lbs
  • Fork weight: 178 lbs
  • Total weight: 286 lbs
  • Width: 50"
  • Height: 19"
  • Fork length: 42"
Maybe the model they referenced for you is different, but if not, I'm skeptical that they quoted you the right weight. I note that the fork weight they gave you is about 1/2 of what mine weighs. If that's true, then they only quoted the weight of one fork, or your fork frame uses much lighter forks.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Here's the only pic I have of my Titan forks at the moment. Not a good one, but decent enough of the frame to get the idea. Note, I don't have the 2" receiver but it has the headache frame. It probably isn't the same as the one you're looking at but I imagine it's close.

I weighed the parts themselves so I know the true weight. Forks are 42".
The frame is 130 lbs.
EACH fork is 95 lbs.
Total weight is 320 lbs.

I bet what you're looking at is 304 lbs total. 124 frame, fork @ 90 each. (90+90+124=304)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the only pic I have of my Titan forks at the moment. Not a good one, but decent enough of the frame to get the idea. Note, I don't have the 2" receiver but it has the headache frame. It probably isn't the same as the one you're looking at but I imagine it's close.

I weighed the parts themselves so I know the true weight. Forks are 42".
The frame is 130 lbs.
EACH fork is 95 lbs.
Total weight is 320 lbs.

I bet what you're looking at is 304 lbs total. 124 frame, fork @ 90 each. (90+90+124=304)

View attachment 727244
I confirmed again if it was 90lbs each. They emailed back and said that was for BOTH forks equals 90lbs.

Frame is 124 plus 90 for a total of 214lbs. Do I not believe the guy??

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does your 1025 handle those forks anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Do I not believe the guy??
Personally, I wouldn't. Of all the forks I've ever dealt with, on tractors, forklifts, etc., I don't ever recall seeing a fork that only weighed 45 lbs. I'm not sure I'd trust the integrity of such a light weight fork either. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
I confirmed again if it was 90lbs each. They emailed back and said that was for BOTH forks equals 90lbs.

Frame is 124 plus 90 for a total of 214lbs. Do I not believe the guy??
No you do not, even on their website it clearly states 90 lbs EACH

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks guys. Pretty sad when you can't get a simple answer to a simple question (one that's asked all the time and important) from Titan THEMSELVES..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is my set that just arrived today with 42" forks, headache bar and receiver (Titan Item # 132239). I was pretty surprised at how heavy each fork was when mounting them so 90lbs each might be more accurate. Especially if they are saying the frame is 124lbs. So I would agree that the combination of all three parts is closer to 320lbs than 214lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Great. Of course I lose some lift capacity of the cargo due to the weight of the forks but they work well for me. A larger tractor with more lift strength would really make these a good fit, but I can easily lift my rotary cutter of 515 lbs on a 25 lb pallet with my 1025.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
It does, but I wasn't sure if that contained shipping materials
Haha, speaking as someone who takes the blades off to the put the bale spears on and back and forth, I can tell you that they are indeed either 90 lbs each or I'm just getting old.
kicking-dirt.gif

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is my set that just arrived today with 42" forks, headache bar and receiver (Titan Item # 132239). I was pretty surprised at how heavy each fork was when mounting them so 90lbs each might be more accurate. Especially if they are saying the frame is 124lbs. So I would agree that the combination of all three parts is closer to 320lbs than 214lbs.

View attachment 727252
That's the same one I was looking at. I do like the backrest even though it does add to the weight. Even being heavy they are still a decent deal..

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The HLA's are nice but they're 649 before shipping. Frontier forks are expensive and so isn't Artillian. Figured for 500 bucks to my door wasn't bad..

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
The HLA's are nice but they're 649 before shipping. Frontier forks are expensive and so isn't Artillian. Figured for 500 bucks to my door wasn't bad..
I think I got mine in 2016, for $475 delivered, so the price today still sounds good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ones I just got on sale (Titan Item # 132239) came to $466 delivered to the door. This was my first order from Titan so got 5% off even while they were on sale. That total includes the 6% PA sales tax.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
You can't beat the price, the quality is probably a little lacking, but when I ordered mine I got the fork frame with backrest, 36" blades and a blank plate that I welded my 72" Moose plow on for $505 to the door. And I had them in three days, could have been two days except I requested a lift gate delivery, so I had to wait one extra day.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can't beat the price, the quality is probably a little lacking, but when I ordered mine I got the fork frame with backrest, 36" blades and a blank plate that I welded my 72" Moose plow on for $505 to the door. And I had them in three days, could have been two days except I requested a lift gate delivery, so I had to wait one extra day.
You requested the lift gate because you didn't have your forks! Well, wait, yes you did!

·
Registered
945 Posts
My 1023E handles them just fine. Compared to some other brands, I lose about 80lbs of lift capacity. For my needs, and given the significantly lower cost (especially when you include shipping), I think sacrificing the 80 lbs in exchange for money I saved was a great deal and I'd go it again in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts